Sic Parvis Magna
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - Ω - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - -- - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Welcome to the Underworld.)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
❖ HAPPY NEW YEAR ROLEPLAYERS! ❖
❖ May 2014 bring even more brilliant, heart-wrenching creative works and many new wonderful memories to keep. ❖
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am
Latest topics
» Walton
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:02 pm by OurStars

» Clockwork Winds
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am by SoraAngel

» Marked | 1x1 | SoraAngel x Nightingale
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 am by SoraAngel

» Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

» Music on Forum
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm by ZephyrSolace

» S I G I L [Open for Sign-Ups]
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:30 pm by Nightingale

» Romeo&Cinderella ♡ Roleplay
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:00 pm by Nightingale

» Eden's Cage - Roleplay
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am by ZephyrSolace

» Dark Requiem | Role-Play
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm by ZephyrSolace

Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is saintjoain

Our users have posted a total of 594 messages in 86 subjects
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

Dear Residents of this vast underworld,

How is everyone? May Hades smile down upon you all. He is most certainly not smiling down at me at this moment. But …

Comments: 0

Dark Requiem | Role-Play

Go down 
+2
OurStars
SoraAngel
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 East3_zps31032c2c

The man with blue hair seemed genuinely interested in traveling with them. He mentioned that he and his friend Chris could help them out, which was good. To be honest, neither East nor West were used to living outside and fighting Tenebrai. She would feel a lot safer with two more guys around to protect her...and maybe her brother too. Of course, she would never admit this to West. He had too much pride in his capabilities. Almost as if they had the same thought, Blue Guy quickly added, "Not that you really need any, of course." East stifled a giggle. They did need help. Hopefully, West wouldn't be stubborn and let his pride get in the way. While the man talked, East paused to observe him. It'd been so long since she'd seen another guy, let alone another human being besides her brother. Their differences in heights was noticeable, as well as the bulge of his muscles. West was muscular, sure, but this guy was just...wow. East could feel eyes watching her, and when she looked up, the blue haired man was staring straight at her. She could feel her ears grow red again. Why was he staring at her? Then, just as briefly as he looked at her, he looked away. East continued to watch him. She didn't even know his name. Had she told him hers?

Before she could do anything, West rudely answered, "Offense taken." East rolled her eyes. Of course he took offense. Wait, what did he take offense at? East hadn't been paying attention, as usual. She hoped the man hadn't said anything insulting. "Ugh, fine," West finally said. East turned her head to look at him in surprise. Was he actually letting them travel together? Usually he needed to think about it, or he'd say yes on once condition. But seemed that East had jumped the gun. "Give me a good enough reason and I'll...I'll let you travel with us." A good enough reason? How about the fact that they could actually have a chance to survive this way? Her brother didn't need a reason; he was just being pigheaded. It was up to her to reason with him. As usual.

"West," East said quietly, "We could use more people. The larger the group, the safer we are. We could probably get to DC quicker," She softly added.

Before she could hear his response, a loud BOOM sounded. East looked over at the blue man, whose head was turned towards a direction. What was that? That sounded like an explosion. Abruptly, the man yelled, "Come on!" and then he was running away. East watched his receding back in shock. Where was he even going? It was apparent that he wanted them to follow. Dread spread throughout her body. She hated running. Yet, she didn't want to lose the first person she'd seen in a year. With that thought in mind, she took after him. Hopefully her brother would follow them to...speaking of which, where were they going? East, being the slow runner she was, couldn't see blue hair anywhere. She really, REALLY hope she hadn't lost him. Suddenly, she heard him yelling from the direction of a large junkyard. East changed course and ran through the rusted gate of the junkyard.

Mountains of  junk metal, rusting cars, and old appliances surrounded East as she came to a complete stop. I'm too out of shape for this. Wheezing, she put her hands on her knees. She'd lost him. She was about to give up when she once more heard shouting. There! That's gotta be him! All at once, the sky went black. East froze. She had never encountered a Flickering outside before; she'd only witnessed it through the shop windows of Walmart. Fear coursed through her. This was no time to be alone. She had to find the blue haired man. East began running once more, and had just rounded a corner when something stopped her dead in her tracks. Two Tenebrai bodies lay dead on the ground, and in between them stood a burning Tenebrai. She could see it open its mouth slowly, then close it. It was suffering a slow, painful death. Its skin was already burnt; the fire was now making it melt. East took a step back, her stomach heaving. She couldn't stop watching its mouth opening and closing, its rotted teeth gnashing together, and its black skin melting.

So she stood there frozen while the sun burned.

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:30 pm

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 Varrosignature2_zps0566a1bc

He'd only just started running again when he heard someone behind him, and he found himself backtracking. He had only just been thinking about her, but he hadn't expected -- or wanted -- this. The girl, East her brother had called her, stood frozen in shock, staring at the the last Tenebrai as it burned into the ground. For a moment Varro saw the world through the eyes of a little girl, not unlike one he had known in his past life.

And suddenly he was dashing towards her with one thought in mind. Varro often acted upon instinct, and even though this had proven unreliable in the past, his reflexes did the reasonable thinking for him. He was in front of her in seconds, blocking the dead and dying creatures from view, trying to get her to focus on him and only him.

"Don't look." he said to her, trying to sound as sincere as he could. By nature, Varro was not a serious person. But when he busted his neck and did his best to act serious, it meant the situation was important enough to demand his absolute attention. "Look only at me. There is no f*cking reason for you to watch something like that." Of course, Varro didn't find the sense in cleaning up his words; it took too much effort. Instead he focused on the more important things, cocking his head to the side and talking to East so that they couldn't hear the now soft gargles of the boiling Tenebrai.

Varro had seen too many people grow up way too fast. He'd lived in a place where children grew up thinking they had been rejected, that they were unwanted, that they were useless. He had tried his best to erase that thought from their minds. After the First Flicker, he had ventured back to the orphanage only to find him all dead. He hadn't blamed himself. He had only hoped they had died knowing they were the sparks that had  lit an ember in him. Now here was another one, so small, so very breakable. No doubt she was strong, but that didn't mean she had to grow up. Not yet.

"Are you listening to me, East? Do you understand what I'm saying?" He waited for a confirmation before continuing. 
Back to top Go down
https://sic-parvis-magna.forumotion.com
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:53 pm

East had to look away. She had to. The image of rotting corpses was burning its way into her memory. She could feel her eyes watering up, yet she didn't close them. She couldn't. She'd never seen anything as horrible as this. It hurt her eyes to look. All she could see was skin melting, a rotting mouth opening...and then nothing but black. East blinked a bit. Had she blacked out? No; it was only someone's black shirt in front of her, blocking her view of the burning Tenebrai. "Don't look," a male voice said above her. It sounded familiar; it was hard to concentrate on it when she could still hear the moaning of the Tenebrai. The voice sounded again: "Look only at me. There is no f*cking reason for you to watch something like that." I know. It was hard, but she slowly tore her eyes away from the dead bodies.

The blue haired man from before was standing in front of her; he was using his tall body to block her view. But could he block out the sound of a creature dying? Could he block out the stench of burning flesh? No, but I can try. She looked up into the sky blue eyes of the man. His face was extremely serious. "Are you listening to me, East?" He said. At the sound of her name, East's eyes focused in more sharply on him. When had she told him her name? He said something else, but she wasn't paying attention. She focused on muting the background sound. She took a deep breath.

"Yeah," East said in a shaky voice, "I'm listening to you." She swallowed, then lowered her eyes. She hated what she was going to do next, but she couldn't help it. There was no way she was going to get past the dead Tenebrai on her  own. In a small and weak voice, East said, "Can you get me past them?"

Back to top Go down
ZephyrSolace
Guild Master
Guild Master
ZephyrSolace

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 Westjpg_zps96d60fdf

West would hate to admit the fact that East always managed to placate him in the end, so he just didn’t say one more word. He had to remember that he hadn’t done much traveling around town, much less across the country. Primal instinct and the drive to protect his sister only got him so far. Being in a group did have its advantages. There was strength in numbers; someone could watch his back and vice versa. In a group, the members could all be specialized in their fortes and make everyone better off. West nearly shuddered at his thinking. But a group is a bigger target. The sudden negativity was just a sign of his pride not letting him back down. Again, East had a way of bending him to her will.

The one time that West was being reasonable (by his own standards), the blue-haired guy just had to take off due to some commotion. He expected them to just follow him? Good luck with that. West was about to take East and head off in a different direction when she suddenly bolted. He clenched his teeth, knowing that shouting was useless. He couldn’t leave their belongings behind, no matter how much it slowed him down. West eventually caught up, entering a junkyard. The two of them were nowhere in sight. Cursing under his breath, West tried to regain his breath before moving on. When he finally found them, he cursed even more.

Before him were East and the guy, who was blocking her view. West planned to act out and question what he was doing. That’s when he spotted the Tenebrai. His body naturally tensed up, although the Tenebrai were dead or dying. West glanced at his sister and faltered at the sight of her, truly terrorized. He carefully made his way around the Tenebrai, dropping everything he was holding before heading back. He met the guy’s gaze, his eyes flickering with what could be interpreted as a hesitant “thank you.” West reached out for East, expecting her to come over to him. “I’ll take it from here.” His voice was much softer than usual, even when addressing him now. “I’m—We’ll be more than happy to travel with you, if you’ll still allow it. I suppose there are some supplies we could divvy up.” West couldn’t bring himself to apologize; it had been difficult enough to get this sentence out.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 am

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 Varrosignature2_zps0566a1bc

It seems that the girl's brother had a logical side to his brain after all. Varro smiled, the wide grin touching his black eye and causing him to wince slightly.
"Of course I allow it. Man, I am more than happy to get some companion to this hellride, you know?" 
He nodded at East, once, something meaningful in his eyes, and then gestured at West to follow him. It seemed the brother would probably be sensible enough to keep his sister from seeing the sad remains of the dead Tenebrai, but Varro still spared a couple of glances at the two of them. He was admittedly a little jealous of that bond they had as siblings. It sort of reminded him of the kids back at the orphanage. He missed them.
 "Remember that friend I mentioned? Kris?" Varro said as they cautiously made they're way across the open junkyard, "She may be in trouble. Let's look for her together, shall we?" 
He paused for a second and then turned to look at them, another grin automatically find its way to its face, as if it belonged there. "Oh, and in case I forgot, the name's Varro. You guys are, East and West?" He chuckled to himself, not because the names were absurd or strange, but because it was the first time he had come across someone else in the same-name problem he was in. Why was that funny? He wasn't sure. Varro found a lot of things funny.
He shook his head and then tilted his head back. He had yelled before, so he supposed it couldn't hurt much to yell again, "KRIS! Where are you? Dude, you okay? KRRIISSSSS!"

Back to top Go down
https://sic-parvis-magna.forumotion.com
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 am

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 Redtay10

It was over. Red was sure of it know. She had run for a few minutes away from the Tenebrai after the flickering, and she was pretty sure they were gone. Or dead. No footsteps or moaning sounds followed her. It was just her and the junkyard. Now that she was safe, Red allowed herself to sink to the ground, her hands clutching her wound. She needed to see the extent of the damage before she moved. Without hesitating, she lifted up her dress and examined her midsection. The sun shone brightly in the sky, much better than any lamp she had. With it, she could correctly see her torn flesh. There wasn't any significant damage; two claw marks ran from below her left breast at an angle until it met her side. Not bad. Not bad at all. She believed this to be true until she prodded at the claw marks. Pain contorted her features, but she made no sound. Although they weren't long or wide, the wounds were deep. Red sighed, pulling her dress down. She'd have to clean it with peroxide. Now that was going to hurt like a b*tch.

Red slowly rose to her feet, her eyes hardened as she surveyed the junkyard. As cramped as it was, she felt safer in her little hide out. She didn't want to be out in the open until she started moving. I need to rest up. She began to move in the direction of her house. Faintly, she wondered where Varro had ran off to. Who cares. It's better I detach myself now before I get too attached. With the absence of his voice, Red was already beginning to forget him. It wouldn't be long 'til-

"KRIS! Where are you? Dude, you okay? KRRIISSSSS!"

Red's head whipped in the direction of his voice. Her eyes flashed with anger. So he hadn't left. Good. She was going to kick his a**. Then, she was going to teach him to call her Red, not Kris. She regretted ever telling him her real name in the first place. It was a name she never wanted to hear again in her life; it was a name filled with memories and pain...and love. Devon. Red put a hand to her head. His name made her head hurt with unwanted emotions. She quickly blocked him out. Focus, Red. Focus on Varro's stupid voice. Picture yourself throwing him through a window. Automatically, she pictured that, and a short laugh escaped her. Maybe she should do that. It occurred to her that maybe she should respond. Red paused, stopping in front of a trashed car.

"STOP! Just-" A sharp pain in her wounds made her cry out, cutting off her shout. Damn, she couldn't yell like this. Whatever. If he wanted to see her, he'd come to her hideout. Red then moved away. Her hideout was just in sight. As she drew closer, she suddenly realized how high the climb was. Doubt steadily filled her until the moment she stood at the base of the pile. Would she able to do it?

Last edited by Nightingale on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dangosan
Arts Wizard
Arts Wizard
Dangosan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:34 am

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 Allen_zpsa02bc535

"Lock, yes," Marianna stated, her accented but melodic voice growing more and more distant. The sudden rush of adrenaline had worn off, leaving Allen feeling even more miserable than before. As he tried to ease the pounding in his head, he heard the faint outline of what the ginger was trying to say. The doors would probably be too weak to actually hold off Tenebrai, lock or not, but she preferred that they use one anyway. Allen murmured something about triangles in return, remember vaguely that the said shape was the strongest in structural architecture. Perhaps they could build something to hold the door from the inside using triangles. Maybe. There was bound of be extra wood or something lying around. The apartment was in near shambles.
Most likely having not heard Allen's quiet remark, or simply dismissing it as an insane man's useless ramblings, Marianna went on, her eyes turned to Charlie's, obviously trusting the green-eyed more than the green-haired. Allen grumbled at that. "Not together, yes or no? Look fast..." her voice trailed off into indistinguishable rumbles, as if Allen had covered his ears or sunken underwater. A few seconds later, it sharply jerked back into focus on "...you fight good?" Allen flinched visibly, the ache in his head pinching at a constant pace, though the swirls had subsided a bit. Honestly, it was kind of humiliating. Leave it to Big Guy Upstairs to turn me into a blubbering, rambling mess the one day I cross paths with human civilization, he thought irritably, And a cute girl, too.
"We should stay together," Allen said a little too loudly, back underwater, "These walls - " he rested a hand on the cool, damp walls and felt around for a bit, " - are soundproof. You can tell from the way they painted this thing, all the - " Allen was hit with another wave of nausea and decided that keeping this short and simple wold do well. "Anyway, if one of us wander too far, and get our arse kicked by some Tenebrai, our terrified shrieks of desperate trauma are going to be lost within these walls. So...yeah." Allen swayed a bit and was forced to against Marianna for support, "Sorry," he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:51 am

The blue man wasn't the one to help her. West was. East didn't notice him walk up, but suddenly he was right next to her. He never said a word; he simply reached out his arms in a silently invitation. East couldn't help her next move. Without saying anything, she folded herself against him, burying her face against his chest. No doubt her face was red from shame. She didn't want the blue-haired man to see that. She'd already shown how much of a baby she was already. At precisely the same time thought that, tears began to roll out her ears. This same scenario had played out so many times. East would attempt to be independent, then something bad would happen, and immediately, she'd be bawling in West's arms.

She could West's chest thrum as he suddenly said in a soft voice, "I'm-- We'll be more than happy to travel with you, if you'll still allow it. I suppose there are some supplies we could divvy up." East looked up at West in surprise. That was unexpected. She'd thought he would resist far more than this. A soft smile spread across her face. She couldn't complain though. This was exactly what she had wanted. Tentatively, East looked back at the man, who was grinning at them.

"Of course I allow it. Man, I am more than happy to get some companion to this hellride, you know?" The man nodded at her. For a second, East made eye contact with him. Then she looked away, ears pink. She was still embarrassed. Thankfully, Varro had nothing more to say. Soon after that, they began to move. East made sure to keep her face pressed against West's shoulder as they walked to avoid seeing the dead bodies. She shuddered at the memory of it burning. As they walked, the blue-haired man informed them that his friend Chris was in danger. It was only then that East realized that this friend of his was a girl. Huh. Guess I should never pick someone's gender based on a name. While she pondered that, the man turned to face them, a smile on his face.

"Oh, and in case I forgot, the name's Varro. You guys are, East and West?" He said with a grin. As soon as Varro said that, he chuckled. East looked at him with puzzled eyes. Did their names amuse him? I'll admit they're extremely twinnish, but they're as strange as Varro. Although, to be honest, his name sounded more cool than theirs. Varro was a name that rolled off the tongue easily. East sighed. Unlike the names East and West. She wished that she could change her name.

Varro then shouted for Kris. His shouts seemed to echo off the seemingly empty junkyard. For a while, nothing happened. Then, a somewhat distant shout in a rough female voice came back. "Stop! Just-" The voice cut off abruptly after that. East looked questioningly at Varro. There were no more sounds from his friend.

"Why'd she say stop?" She asked, confused. Didn't his friend want them to come? Or maybe...maybe something happened. East frowned. Did more Tenebrai show up? That could've easily been a warning shout.

Back to top Go down
ZephyrSolace
Guild Master
Guild Master
ZephyrSolace

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 Westjpg_zps96d60fdf

West was beginning to think whether the smile that graced East’s face was worth all this. Of course it was; he had managed to stop her crying. How could that even be a question? Still, he was used to conflict and confrontations. Laying off wasn’t the easiest feat for him. At the guy’s acceptance, West was less than enthused. “I’m so thrilled,” he said, his voice oozing with a tad of sarcasm.

He saw East being embarrassed again, and he had the urge to tell her not to be. This guy was nothing special, just another survivor and traveler. West, because of who he was, took his laughter the wrong way. “Like Varro isn’t a name celebrities would name their poor kid.” Whether this was supposed to be more of a compliment or insult, West wasn’t sure. It implied he must be famous, after all. Eh, probably the latter. Their names might not be the best, but they had been given to the two by their parents. Gimmick or not, West wouldn’t change his name because it also complemented his sister’s, though he had to agree that she had gotten the short end of the stick.

“You gonna help me carry some of our stuff, or what?” he asked Varro, looking down at East, and sighing deeply before rephrasing the question. “Mind helping us carry some items?” West would have muscled through it himself had it not been for the fact that he wanted to continue to shield East. He normally refused to have someone assist him, but he couldn’t do what he wanted if his arms were full. “And in return, I’ll help with Kris, whatever’s up with her.” West made this all seem like some sort of exchange. At least, that was a working relationship he was able to handle for now. He turned his head towards the female voice shouting, wondering what exactly she meant by “stop.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Requiem | Role-Play
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4