Sic Parvis Magna
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - Ω - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - -- - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Welcome to the Underworld.)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
❖ HAPPY NEW YEAR ROLEPLAYERS! ❖
❖ May 2014 bring even more brilliant, heart-wrenching creative works and many new wonderful memories to keep. ❖
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am
Latest topics
» Walton
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:02 pm by OurStars

» Clockwork Winds
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am by SoraAngel

» Marked | 1x1 | SoraAngel x Nightingale
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 am by SoraAngel

» Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

» Music on Forum
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm by ZephyrSolace

» S I G I L [Open for Sign-Ups]
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:30 pm by Nightingale

» Romeo&Cinderella ♡ Roleplay
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:00 pm by Nightingale

» Eden's Cage - Roleplay
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am by ZephyrSolace

» Dark Requiem | Role-Play
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm by ZephyrSolace

Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is saintjoain

Our users have posted a total of 594 messages in 86 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

Dear Residents of this vast underworld,

How is everyone? May Hades smile down upon you all. He is most certainly not smiling down at me at this moment. But …

Comments: 0

Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 T1347412834910f7fb6de607fb31e4cb051b4900a121c

Umbra froze, the heart that refused to stop beating attempting to lurch out of her chest. Her eyes widened. her lips completely still, pressed against Calcifer's. She could taste something on his lips, very unfamiliar, but very sweet. Finally, she seemed to gather herself enough to pull away, stepping back several steps as if to make sure there was enough distance between them. And all the while, her mind was completely devoid of thought; she could not remember why she had cried in the first place, or what had just happened. It was too much to comprehend. Her heart slowed, but now it felt like it was being compressed, and she could hardly breathe.

She regained enough of her senses to look up at him, her eyes wide, expression shocked, incredulous, embarrassed; everything in one. She opened her mouth, and closed it again, at a complete loss for words. She ran a hand through her hair, pushing the strands away, just for something to do. He looked different suddenly, and she couldn't understand whether this was a good thing or a bad thing. Finally, the words seemed to form themselves, although somewhat reluctantly.
"Why..."
she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, for her breath was shaking uncontrollably, "Why must you have done that? You... I... We are not even properly acquainted! I... I do not know why you decided to go and..." She still could not believe it. She brushed her fingers across her lips where his had touched hers, but she withdrew it quickly, not wanting him to see how much this gesture had affected her. Then again, it had been an absurd gesture. Did people not give significance to such acts anymore? Was it a common occurrence? If she was, then she looked like a fool, but she could not help but react this way.

Back to top Go down
https://sic-parvis-magna.forumotion.com
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 T134662898147ed1cbcb0fcaafdb0a04832faf5f51f98

The kiss, one done out of impulse, as most truly fantastic ones are, had a strange taste to it, something Calcifer fancied to be nearly more delicious than the strawberries to which he is addicted. It lasts surprisingly long before she pushes him away, stumbling back and mantaining a distance away from him as some sort of empty protection. Although he probably should have gotten the message to keep a bit away, Calcifer isn't really the sort to notice little things like that, perhaps on account of his arrogance. He smiles, a bemused sort of smile which is more lovely than his normal smile because it seems a wraith, rarely shown and absolutely genuine in the confused pleasure. Umbra has a strawberry blush, and her lips have become more red from the kiss, as though slightly swollen from the originally unintentional force of it. The look of them, and the memory of their taste, fills him with a sudden desire to steal another kiss; he is not so stupid, however, to think that wise, given her bewildered and slightly frustrated expression. He watches her snow-white hands run through raven hair before she speaks, finally able to form the words which have presumably been on her lips, by the fish-like gaping motions.

Understandably, her first words were ones of scolding, as were the following ones- Calcifer can't help but feel slightly hurt, had she not liked it even the tiniest bit? Most girls do, after all, because he has been known to have some talent in kissing- he can even tie a cherry's stem into a knot, though that probably has no actual meaning. Instantly he starts talking, the bemused smile stretching into a sort of guilty one, which suits him just fine as well, the expression of a child who has been caught with their hand in the metaphorical cookie jar. "I suppose that was a bit sudden, huh? I'm sorry, but you were crying, and you are rather beautiful and I suppose I have very little self-restraint." he explains, not nearly as apologetic as he ought to be. For the moment, the violet-eyed young man does not regret it, and seeing her briefly touch her lips, he is restored with the confidence that, although she will not say, the young woman was affected by it to some extent. It is his turn to run fingers through his golden hair.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 T1347412834910f7fb6de607fb31e4cb051b4900a121c

The smile just flustered and confused her more. Why was he smiling? What was there to smile about? Had he...had he enjoyed it that much? She flushed harder, the light red giving way to a deeper crimson, and she stared at the ground, not wanting to guess what he might be thinking. She had only ever kissed a person once, when she had been very young in this world, and it hadn't been nearly as sweet, although she would not admit this out loud to someone who had done it so quickly and without restraint. She finally looked up just to see him smile, and she was startled at how different it was from before. His eyes were no longer guarded, but shone with a strange kind of happiness and excitement. After her scrambled words of reprimanding, he seemed to look slightly guilty, although not very apologetic in all. "I suppose this was bit sudden, huh?"

"A bit?" she stammered in response. "That was...That was very sudden, in my time..." she stopped herself before she gave anything away, preparing him for another scolding, when his next words stopped her. "...but you were crying, and you are rather beautiful and I suppose I have very little self-restraint."

Again, she was speechless. She fought with herself in her head. She must not let these things happen to her! She was immortal for goodness sake, she ought to have some advantage. But she did not, and so the blush that had faded appeared in her cheeks again, and she could not look at him. He found her beautiful? How was that possible? She was wearing a long black dress that covered almost every inch of her body, and her short black black hair was not nearly as luxurious as...

"But what of that other girl?" she questioned, determined to show her own strength in some way and not let Calcifer's sweet words leave her breathless. "You cannot just forget about her and then tell me I am beautiful, and then...and then lay a kiss on my lips so impulsively! T'is not right." In her anger, her English was becoming more and more olden. "Thou must not be dishonest with your lover. And..." she sighed, and the words she should have said before spilled out in a rush of sadness, "And alas, we cannot be together, Calcifer... I..." She didn't know what else to say.

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 T134662898147ed1cbcb0fcaafdb0a04832faf5f51f98

Although he understands her reaction, to some extent, Calcifer is confused as to why she is getting quite so worked up about it- it wasn't as if it was her first, nor would it be her last, you know? Casual kissing isn't that uncommon in this day and age, either, at least not in this area of the world, but then she did say she hadn't been here very long, and didn't intend to say. Perhaps her place of birth was one which held very conservative ideals and standards, and so his stealing of her kiss would be considered something outlandish, at best. Her skin has flushed even more crimson, abandoning the strawberry coloring for that of the most vivid roses one coul imagine- the ones that only exist in one's imagination. The photographer did take this as a compliment, and took a photo of her flustered expression with his camera to preserve the interesting expression she was making. He figures she must be older than she looks or something, for she had said 'in my time' before trailing off and allowing her blush to return with a furious vengeance that compliments her features quite nicely. Ah. Like going from Snow White to Rose Red, Calcifer observes with a childish sort of outlook that links things to stories and fables. Of course, ever since childhood, he has liked to imagine that all of those stories were based upon something real, and then changed ever so slightly as they were passed down through oral, and then written, tellings.

When Umbra brings up the other girl, the model with whom Calcifer had been flirting earlier, he blinks in genuine surprise and innocence- this is his personality, one must realize; he has trouble taking things seriously, and so has no clue that it is considered wrong of him to kiss two different girls in one day, as it isn't as if he promised them anything, no? Her way of speaking has gone strange, making Calcifer curious of her origins once more, though he responds nonetheless. "Who? Angela? Oh, she's just a coworker, not my lover," he explains brightly, as though that clears everything up. However, at the mention of Angela, he remembers that he is probably already late back to the studio now. On a whim, he grabs Umbra's wrist and instructs her to follow him with a devilish grin, before dragging her back to the studio.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 pm

She had been staring at her feet, unable to meet his gaze, for the guilt in her eyes would give her away. His words, however, about how she was "just a coworker" was a horrible thing to say, for he had spent time with her, lounged together with her, and she had noticed that they had been setting exceptionally close; practically in each other's arms, in fact. How could that not be a promise to be together forever? In fact, what seemed even worse was that he did not seem the least bit frazzled by the fact that she had brought the girl up; he'd shrugged it off as it were nothing! She was going to protest again, eyes actually flashing with anger, when he grabbed her wrist, prompting a gasp from her, and ran all the way to what looked the like the most bizarre place she had ever seen. People were bustling everywhere, talking, yelling, holding small handheld devices. Several women sat in front of mirrors, dousing their faces with foundation and lipstick and things that Umbra had barely ever thought of using; what was the point?

She shrugged her hand away, out of his grip, perhaps with more force than necessary. Her heart was fluttering insanely in her chest. She had never felt so much emotion. It was scary and exhilarating and lovely all at her once. For a moment, she almost laughed; she was still angry, however. "Calcifer!" she said, in a tone that might have been taken as scolding, "H...how can you possibly say something so horrid and cruel? And..and..." she turned in a circle, surveying her surroundings once more, growing dizzier by the second. "Where... Where are we? Where have you brought me?" she demanded. A small chuckle escaped, but she quickly transformed her face back to the annoyed scowl that was more of an act than her true emotion.

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Calcifer spins around and grins proudly at her, wondering if she'll be impressed that he works in such a fashionable, high-paced place as the main studio in the area for commercials, editorials, and any other needed photography. Instead, she looks scared and confused, as well as still indignant towards him for his previously actions. His smile wavers when she calls him cruel, looking slightly crestfallen with violet eyes that could rival a puppy's in their pleading adorableness for her to not be angry at him. "Whadaya mean? What did I say that is cruel? I-" An intern runs up to him, older than he is and yet working under him as an assistant with the sets, and tells him, looking irritated, that the editor is looking for him and he is ten minutes late and who is this random girl he brought with him, again? Calcifer apologizes a few times, compliments the woman, and then waves her off with a promise to be their momentarily. "This is a studio- I am a fashion photographer. This is where I take the pictures; I thought it would be cool for you to see. . .Well, come on. We have to go- Joseph is being impatient again," he speaks in a blur of words, but the twinkle in his eye is restored by the rush of the business. Calcifer has always liked speed, doing things that require bouncing every which way- it is his element, the studio.

He turns around and walks over to the area where the photoshoot is taking place, confident that Umbra will be following him. He meets a fashionably dressed man with messy black hair and a cigarette dangling from his pale lips; Joseph, the designer. "Where the hell have you been, Cal? God. A girl again? Whatever, just get to work," the man orders impatiently, before eyeing Umbra with an artist's critical eye, giving a semi-approving nod and saying, "Well, she's better than the usual. Fresher- hm. That may work for. . .Danica! Get this girl into makeup and dress and put her in Rachel's outfit. I can't deal with that b*tch anymore." With that, the man whirls off to go deal with models and check over the clothing. Calcifer smiles at Umbra, "He's impatient and moody, but has a good eye, eh?"Before the young man can say anymore, an olive-skinned woman wearing horn-rimmed glasses and a wiggle dress reminiscent of the 50s and 40s comes and rushes Umbra away.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Umbra was stammering, trying to come up with something to say to Calcifer's pleading expression, but it was quite difficult. Before she could explain -- why would such a thing need explaining? -- a tall woman, who looked far too old to be dressed as such, just as everyone else, looking quite bothered by something, rushed towards them to confront Calcifer. Late? Was this some sort of job, where Calcifer was needed for... photography? Everything Calcifer told her as an explaination seemed to go into one ear and leak out the other, and she could not differentiate between the words she had never heard before. Studio? Fashion? Was he perhaps one of those who fashioned items out of metal or wood? But that hardly made sense. All she could discern was that that device Calcifer kept popping out in front of her, one that kept flashing and clicking, was indeed a camera -- he had been taking pictures of her? -- and that it somehow tied in with his work, whatever it was.

She was compelled to follow him when he walked to another annoyed-looking-man, for she would be lost anywhere else, and she was feeling very dizzy, like she would fall any moment. She gawked back at the man, offended, when he studied her like she was a piece of clothing on display, and she shuddered under his gaze. Back then, no man could dare stare at a woman in such a way without getting arrested, in the least, for harassment or something of that sorts. Again, she could not understand most of what was being said, making her feel very foolish indeed, and then what she did register, she hoped she hadn't. Why did they keep saying, another girl? So she wasn't the first? He would randomly pick woman off the streets and pretend to be her lover? And then act as if it were nothing? How horrendous.

"Why, I--" the words weren't even out of her mouth when someone else pulled her away, and her mouth fell open in shock and surprise. She staggered as they walked, and the girl gave her a small, shy smile. Umbra felt at least she recognized the girl's clothes; they were not as revealing as the others, but her spectacles seemed too big for her, in Umbra's humble opinion. "Where are we going?" the raven-haired woman questioned finally. The girl smiled at her again, soft, shy, secretive, "Just you wait, madam, we'll have you all prettied up in no time at all."

Umbra didn't know what to make of that.
Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Calcifer beams at the young woman as she is dragged away, promising, "Don't worry! It'll be fun, and they don't bite or anything!" With a bright chuckle, he turns back around and walks over to his station and begins to direct the current model, wearing an outfit that seems more suited for a the backdrop of a fairy tale than a photoshoot. The theme of the line is 'Living a fairy tale', and the designer has dubbed it Tales, the name which is stitched in golden, loopy letters into the tags of any of the pieces that are made to wear. They range from lovely red capelets paired with brown and white vintage sundresses to more gothic and intricate garbs meant for someone who prefers the darker look. This designer is known for creating lines that have great variety, and yet are both wearable and considered to be very beautiful, each a masterpiece for the common person. "Lucy, can you just turn to face the wall? Good, now turn around and give me that beautiful stare. Good girl," he encourages her, snapping a photo. This model is known for her striking eyes and intense expressions, thanks in part to her heterochromia: one eye an icey blue, the other a chocolate brown.

Meanwhile, Danica is finishing up with Umbra, who has been put in a dress meant to create a wearable modernization of Snow White- she will be shooting with a model named Cassandra, who is fitted in a stunning red evening gown, to contrast with the more casually cute snow white dress. Cassandra is the signature model of the line, wearing many of the outfits, and a favorite of Joseph. With her tall, willowy figure, straight, long black hair, and striking green eyes, one can see why. She will mesh nicely with Umbra and, although she comes across as cold due to a naturally smug expression, she is actually extremely shy. The woman can only take editorial photos, because her nervous expression is stunning, but catching her genuine smile is difficult. "Come on then, you look gorgeous," Danica encourages Umbra.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Umbra refused to step out of the room, even though people were seemingly waiting. She could see flashes right outside, where there was a giant white screen that scared her for some reason. Her hair had been pulled up in small curls, making them look even shorter than before. Danica had given her a startled look when she'd picked up a small bottle of what looked like liquid the color of skin, and then promptly gushed over how "wonderfully pale" Umbra was. Against her will, although the girl's quiet eyes had stilled her and stopped her from squirming. Danica -- her name was very pretty, Umbra had decided -- applied a bright red lip color to her lips, whose flavor Umbra did not quite favor. The dress, however, was horrendous. It stopped a little above her thighs, with bright hues of red and yellow and white, but Umbra would not be seen in them, ever, Even the sleeves stopped a little above her elbow, puffed out like she had been used to, but the style was totally wrong. She had inquired from Danica if they had a bigger size. The dresser had assumed she was joking, laughed, and continued helping her into the dress.

"I. Don't. Want. To." Umbra spoke through gritted teeth. She was bright red, and Danica was practically trying to drag her in front of the flashing cameras that Umbra was starting to hate. Umbra shook her head when Danica called her gorgeous, for she looked anything but. She didn't even look like herself for goodness sake! What good was to come from this?

Umbra shook her head again, as if the point wasn't clear already. She was halfway out the door in front of the lights, and halfway in, dragging the heels of the shoes she had been given into the ground even though her ankles were starting to hurt. She felt horrified and embarrassed, and she knew, suddenly, that talking to Calcifer had been a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 pm

"Nice job, Lucy. Those eyes are stunning as usual. Head back for your costume change now, kay?" he says with the charming smile, watching her go, as where she leaves to should be where a certain young woman should be emerging any moment. Right on cue, in a short dress of colors that shouldn't look good together but somehow manage to, steps out the raven-haired young woman who perfectly fits the part of snow white, with the coal-black hair and snowy skin. A dash of red lipstick stands out against the frosty skin, giving them the impression of having been recently swollen from powerful kissing- a thought that makes even the infamous ladies man's cheeks turn warm from the pleasant memory of her lips. Running his hands through golden hair, he beams at her, although it comes out slightly lopsided, and bounds over towards Danica and Umbra with actions as awkwardly graceful as a deer. "You look beautiful!" he assures her, noticing the tentative look and the way she shyly tugs at the hem of her somewhat short skirt. However, a voice in his mind muses that she looks better without the makeup and the princess-like curls which adorn her head.

A willowy young woman saunters over, but there are hints in her walk that reveal a secret shyness, such as the way her eyes cast down now and again, and the slight inward bend of her slender shoulders. "Are you Rachel's replacement?" she says in a slightly distant voice that is easily mistaken, and frequently misunderstood, as being aloof. The woman wears a silky red evening gown and no shoes at all, her black hair pulled back on one side, but hanging free on the other as bangs cut directly across her forehead frame emerald eyes. "Umbra, this is Cassandra- the main model for the shoot," Calcifer introduces them, and Cassandra bobs her head in greeting, but says nothing.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Umbra decided she was mad at Calcifer, and she refused to look at him, even when he, like Danica, assured her that she looked "beautiful." Did she want that? She knew she shouldn't, but again, her cheeks flushed at the compliment. When she saw the red out of the corner of her eyes and she was introduced to Cassandra, words like "model" and "shoot" went over her head, but the woman looked very polite, though distance, and Umbra returned a curtsy. Her lips were pressed into a thin line, and she gave "Cassandra" a strained smile. She hoped she did not look too impolite, but she was too embarrassed, too let down and confused and lost.

"Is this... Is this really necessary?" she asked the blond boy looming over her, although she still refused to look at him. She tugged again at the hem of her skirt, trying in vain to stretch it over her legs. She crossed her hands over her chest as if to hide the exposed skin, feeling very naked. "I don't want to do this...." her voice wavered and shook. She felt completely lost and unaware, detached from the world as if she was not meant to be here. And in fact, she did not belong here at all. She was fooling herself, trying to fit into society again when she had been separated from it most of her long-winded life. She missed the girl from the farm, her friend in the mountains. She missed the days people would smile and serve her tea, and the elderly couple on the corner of the street would compliment her dress, the same color, the same design, every single day. She missed the days sucking lollipops with little Adam and his mother, and helping out at the gift shop. A lifetime of memories swirled around her head as she stared down at her feet. This would never be one of those fond memories.

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Calcifer's beam, for once, fades completely at her anxiety and clear reluctance to be here, wearing these clothes and, perhaps, even reluctance about being around the violet-eyed boy. Cassandra side-glances at Calcifer quizzically, but without a word turns around and walks away to wait somewhere for everything to be worked out. Danica reads the atmosphere and makes an excuse about helping the sleeping beauty model before darting away nervously, sending concerned glances ofer her shoulder at the pair. Once again the boy runs his fingers through his hair, and gives a small, significantly weaker smile to the dark-haired young woman before him as she tugs at her clothing and covers her chest as though trying desperately to extend the dress, as though it could protect her from some sort of danger. "Oh. I didn't think that- Usually-" before the somewhat apologetic young man can finish his broken thoughts, however, Joseph makes his way over and surveys Umbra quickly before giving a curt nod.

"As I expected- suits you perfectly, dear," he says with a bit of arrogance before glancing impatiently at Calcifer, "Hurry up, then. Cassandra is off waiting in the corner again, and you know how awkward she gets. Lovely dear, but has the social skills of a stump," the man says, words which only he is allowed to say of the girl, whom he is really quite fond of- she is currently the object of his younger brother's affections, actually, but that is another story for another day. "Jo, I think maybe this was a bad idea?" Calcifer suggests with a charming smile, "She doesn't really have experience, after all, and will be completely-" "Nonsense!" Joseph interrupts him, "She'll be fine. Now get on with it. Today is the last day of the shoot, and we only have the studio for another hour." He leaves and soon assistants are over, ushering Umbra to the photo shoot area, where Cassandra is waiting, sitting down on, coincidentally, a fake tree stump.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Umbra took a deep breath. She may be attempting to be mad at Calcifer -- it wasn't working, what with his smile always gracing his face every ten seconds -- but she did look up when the man from before walked up to them, surveying her again. She didn't like that man much, but she could tell he held some sort of authority here. She had gotten the small notion that Calcifer was one to do whatever he wished, but if he was bending that free will even slightly for someone, this job may be important to him, perhaps. She would have to be strong. Besides, she was being a poor sport. She herself had once fantasized doing new things, no? She was being unfair to herself. Closing her eyes for a moment and forcing her hands at her sides, she did her best to convince herself that it was for the best. Times had changed greatly, and it was apparent that no one was bothered by the attire but herself. As soon as she was done, she would get back into her own, comfortable dark dress, and she would not have to think about this ever again.

She compelled herself not to look at Calcifer. His face had fallen slightly, she'd noticed, for reasons unknown to her as of yet, and she did not want to feel sorry for him, or herself. So she prepared herself and quietly relented to the relenting of Danica and the others to take her places besides the (now that she got a proper look at her) beautifully refined Cassandra. Umbra found her eyes wandering down the long, intricate dress. It was truly beautiful, but the nexk stooped too low for her taste. The thought prompted her to look down at her own chest, and she resisted the temptation to cross her arms again.

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Calcifer had turned away and returned to the camera, still looking dubious as he preps for the photoshoot and everyone fusses over getting Umbra ready, as Cassandra is already prepared and waiting silently for the shoot to begin, her eyes cast off into a distance which no one else is capable of seeing, in her own little world once more. The photographer lovingly wipes the lense of his camera clean of any smudges, and angles it carefully before snapping a few test shots of the hustle of passing workers as they prepare models, move props, and hunt down coffee for the higher ups, etc. By the time he has glanced back around, Umbra has been fully ready, and is positioned near Cassandra in a way that is somewhat awkward, making her seem the nervous younger sister of a dreamy beauty. There is a sort of beauty in that, as well, but he knows that the director isn't looking for awkward in his photos- that doesn't exactly sell clothing, you see.

"Umbra! Look at me!" he calls out, falling back into the duties of a photographer and thinking of the best expressions he can weedle out of the models before him. An idea hits him, and he smiles, before shouting at her, "Try and look a bit more like you've just been kissed!" with a saucy wink. The intent is for her to blush and gently touch her lips, while Cassandra looks over with a beautifully piercing expression, as if defensive of her innocent younger sister, though that is simply her default facial features. Ideas bubble in his mind- them both looking frightened, laughing -if he can manage to make both of them laugh- careful smiles and far-off stares of a different place. It is his job to pull these emotions out of the models.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:09 pm

The bustling of the people around her was unnerving her. She might have started to hyperventilate if she hadn't had the patience of several centuries. She just clenched her fists and let them guide into the correct "position" or whatever it was supposed to be. She noticed some people shaking their heads at her. Was she doing something wrong? She had never done such a thing, so she felt indignant that they expected her to be perfect. Perhaps she wasn't ready for this after all. Her small hands fluttered up to her hair, feeling the curls, the thickness in her eyelashes. All that work for nothing,

Then, Calcifer's voice rang out, and her head jerked upwards at the only real familiar voice. He looked all-business suddenly, his voice of pure concentration, although there was a fierce light in his eyes. His words caused her eyes to widen, and blood rushed to her cheeks. But this time, it was not out of total embarrassment. In fact, a look of anger that she had almost forgotten crossed her features, her lips pressing into a fierce line, her blue eyes flashing. How dare he? After everything he'd said! After he'd acted like he had done nothing wrong! She remembered, grudgingly, the feel of his lips on her eyes, and her fingers rose to brush her lips, but only momentarily, before her expression returned to ardent displeasure. Her emotions at the moment were so strange, and yet so familiar; she had sorely missed feeling normal.

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Calcifer beams triumphantly and snaps the photo at the perfect time, that ephemeral moment at which Umbra's fingertips brush past her lips and her skin is glowing with a blush. He doesn't even notice the anger before that certain scene, only looking for those perfect photos and nothing else- this set will be the primary of the shoot, after all, Rose Red and Snow White. The shots have to be beautiful, stylish, cute, and works of art all rolled into one, and that isn't an easy feat with a very reluctant model in front of the camera. "Hey, Cassandra! Know any good jokes?" he asks cheerily with a twinkle in his eyes, although they only peek above the camera slightly, so that he can catch even the shortest expressions. The beauty pauses for a moment before, in a rather deadpan voice with a completely serious expression responds: "Why did the Chicken cross the Mobius strip?" Confused as to what she is talking about, the young man blinks and responds, "Why?" "To get to the same side," she finishes with the punchline, a joke told to her by Joseph's younger foster-brother, who is a science major with a gift for makeup and bad jokes. He stares at her for a moment and then, not because he understood the joke but because it is so strange and her expression so solemn, bursts into laughter. Cassandra blinks in surprise and gives him a slightly bemused smile, as if glad she has made someone laugh, but confused as to how she did it.

"Do you have any, Umbra?" he asks after taking a photo of Cassandra's expression, his aim to make them both simultaneously genuinely laugh.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Cassandra had a beautiful laugh, Umbra noted. It almost made her own lips quirk into a smile, but not quite. The girl in red was shut off from the world slightly, but there was a reserved beauty about how her eyes wandered at times, and she bit her lip when she was thinking. A joke? She stole a glance at Calcifer, and then back at Cassandra. She listened intently, but did not understand half the words. Chicken? Crossing the road? Perhaps the animosity of was supposed to be amusing, judging by Calcifer's raucious -- and admittedly pleasant -- laughter. When the question was directed at her, however, she returned a blank look. Had something like that ever made her laugh? She racked her brain for a memory somewhere, where she had maybe laughed at an amusing comment, but nothing of the sort came up. In fact, Umbra couldn't remember when she had laughed, more than a polite chuckle anyway. A troubled look crossed her face. She couldn't remember. She couldn't remember one time. How awful was that? Her eyes met Calcifer's waiting ones with unease. She could not supply any jokes. She wondered, suddenly, if she was even capable of laughter. It was very hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Calcifer glanced over at the others, a few of which spare glances curiously towards the shoot to see how it is going, but most continue on their way, business as usual. He waits expectantly for Umbra, who seems so very clever, to come up with some sort of joke as well, maybe as strange as Cassandra's, or much more understandable. The former is more likely, however, given her odd way of speaking and old-fashioned personality. Cassandra, too, glances towards Umbra momentarily, but soon is sucked once more into an imaginary world, having been the type of child who had imaginary friends much too far into childhood and had been considered somewhat eccentric for that reason. When Umbra only stares at him uneasily, confusion and disappointment in her eyes, Calcifer understands that she can't come up with one, although not why, and quickly moves on. "Knock knock," he begins with the classic but often times very irritating joke set up, and a passerby chimes in with the customary response of 'who's there?' "Boo!" he answers back, and the punchline is already very clear to those who have heard the delightfully cheesy and reminiscent joke before.

"Boo Who?" Cassandra responds dreamily, her distant eyes focusing momentarily on Calcifer before he locks his eyes onto Umbra and, with a very wide grin, cries out, "Aw, don't cry! Get it?" his question comes immediately after the punchline, like a child making sure eagerly that a parent is amused about something rather trivial that they have recited for them.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Umbra's disappointed expression quickly transformed into that of complete and utter confusion. Knock knock? What was that supposed to mean? Thankfully, a passerby supplied the response so that Umbra was spared from giving Calcifer yet another blank look. Who's there? Hm. So the 'knock knock' envisioned a person knocking on a door, perhaps? Boo, Calcifer replied a little too enthusiastically, only this confused her more. What was that supposed to mean? And then finally, boo hoo, don't cry. She understood the eager "don't cry" he supplemented, but she was completely lost on why a phrase as awkward as "boo hoo" could signify crying, or not crying. She was aware of the puzzlement in her eyes, in the reluctant set of her jaw, but she could not for the life of her figure out the joke. Was it meant to be funny? Oh, she was ruining things. Calcifer, it seemed, was trying to make her laugh -- for the picture? -- but he could not. And she knew why, of course. She had never been acquainted with any of these jokes, which were obviously well-known by the people. In fact, humor was not something she had much experience of, save the rare moments she smiled from happiness. Although she had never quite laughed at anyone or anything for any reason whatsoever. She stared down at her feet, trying to ignore the bareness of her legs. She was so very different; it was not hard to know that much. Maybe Calcifer and all these people who she assumed were trying to be kind would come to the conclusion that she was too different to be brought to such a place with such high hopes.

She intertwined her fingers together. The angry look from before had not yet faded from her face, for how could she forget everything Calcifer had said? And yet, now, it was almost completely replaced by a sad sort of mystification. She had been right; she would leave as soon as this was over and never come back. This would never work out.

Last edited by SoraAngel on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 pm

Calcifer glanced over at the others, a few of which spare glances curiously towards the shoot to see how it is going, but most continue on their way, business as usual. He waits expectantly for Umbra, who seems so very clever, to come up with some sort of joke as well, maybe as strange as Cassandra's, or much more understandable. The former is more likely, however, given her odd way of speaking and old-fashioned personality. Cassandra, too, glances towards Umbra momentarily, but soon is sucked once more into an imaginary world, having been the type of child who had imaginary friends much too far into childhood and had been considered somewhat eccentric for that reason. When Umbra only stares at him uneasily, confusion and disappointment in her eyes, Calcifer understands that she can't come up with one, although not why, and quickly moves on. "Knock knock," he begins with the classic but often times very irritating joke set up, and a passerby chimes in with the customary response of 'who's there?' "Boo!" he answers back, and the punchline is already very clear to those who have heard the delightfully cheesy and reminiscent joke before.

"Boo Who?" Cassandra responds dreamily, her distant eyes focusing momentarily on Calcifer before he locks his eyes onto Umbra and, with a very wide grin, cries out, "Aw, don't cry! Get it?" his question comes immediately after the punchline, like a child making sure eagerly that a parent is amused about something rather trivial that they have recited for them.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Umbra's disappointed expression quickly transformed into that of complete and utter confusion. Knock knock? What was that supposed to mean? Thankfully, a passerby supplied the response so that Umbra was spared from giving Calcifer yet another blank look. Who's there? Hm. So the 'knock knock' envisioned a person knocking on a door, perhaps? Boo, Calcifer replied a little too enthusiastically, only this confused her more. What was that supposed to mean? And then finally, boo hoo, don't cry. She understood the eager "don't cry" he supplemented, but she was completely lost on why a phrase as awkward as "boo hoo" could signify crying, or not crying. She was aware of the puzzlement in her eyes, in the reluctant set of her jaw, but she could not for the life of her figure out the joke. Was it meant to be funny? Oh, she was ruining things. Calcifer, it seemed, was trying to make her laugh -- for the picture? -- but he could not. And she knew why, of course. She had never been acquainted with any of these jokes, which were obviously well-known by the people. In fact, humor was not something she had much experience of, save the rare moments she smiled from happiness. Although she had never quite laughed at anyone or anything for any reason whatsoever. She stared down at her feet, trying to ignore the bareness of her legs. She was so very different; it was not hard to know that much. Maybe Calcifer and all these people who she assumed were trying to be kind would come to the conclusion that she was too different to be brought to such a place with such high hopes.

She intertwined her fingers together. The angry look from before had not yet faded from her face, for how could she forget everything Calcifer had said? And yet, now, it was almost completely replaced by a sad sort of mystification. She had been right; she would leave as soon as this was over and never come back. This would never work out.

Last edited by SoraAngel on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Calcifer doesn't allow his smile to fade, not wanting Umbra to feel uncomfortable, or as though he is pitying her, a feeling he knows is much worse than being completely ignored, from experience. She has a thoughtful look on her face, so he takes a picture of that expression, one that has some old sort of sorrow which he can only catch a glimpse of through the lense, which enhances his abilities of perception. Cassandra, in this picture, has a dazed smile on her face, once more lost in some happy little world of her own creation, and this gives the photo a look of both escape and melancholy. An interesting piece indeed, yet incredibly fascinating, at least to the young man taking the photo itself. "Can you both stand up now, please?" he requests cheerfully, fiddling absentmindedly with a button on his vest that is becoming rather loose with age, it being his favorite vest to date. Cassandra obeys and runs her fingers through her hair whilst Umbra is still standing, another moment which Calcifer captures. Some of the best photos the young man takes are candid, because they capture so much more story and emotion than any posed one could. That is why he is so coveted in this field of work- his reaction time allows him to capture moments no one else can manage to notice in their fleeting beauty. Such moments are the violet-eyed photographer's joy.

"Now, I want you two to simply talk with each other, walk around, whatever you like. I'll find the moments, you both just continue to look dazzling," he instructs with a grin and a slightly flirtatious wink at the end, before raising the camera up to his eye again, waiting like a hunter searching for prey, only his game is moments, not any tangible thing.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:04 am

Umbra was thankful that Calcifer did not question them any further. She nodded shyly at Cassandra when she stood up, but said nothing. Until, of course, Calcifer brought up the horrible suggestion that they talk. An evanescent moment of terror flooded Umbra's eyes, but she got ahold of it quickly. It was just talking. She should not fear it. She nodded to herself, pushed a strand of hair behind her ear, and gave Cassandra another small, albeit strained smile. She had no idea what to talk about. She racked her mind for something she could say that wouldn't sound too awkward or out-of-place, as she had done enough for that already. She settled for something honest. "You are very beautiful, Cassandra," she stated. And she meant it, for Cassandra's inner beauty only reflected on her outer one, making it stronger.

There was no jealousy in her voice, or empathy, or as if she was doing Cassandra a favor with the compliment. Her words were honest and truthful, in her opinion at least. For a moment she wanted to say everything on her mind, because the notion of conversation had opened a gateway to all secrets she could easily give away, all the burdens of the past lifting from her shoulders. She had thought about it often, but had always decided that the burden would only be lifted from her shoulders to fall on others, and she could not do that to anyone. It would go against everything she believed in, and it was easy to tell that Umbra believed in a lot of things. And so she said nothing else at the tall woman before her. She wondered, suddenly, if it would be stupid of her to ask what exactly they were doing, or what they were doing this for. Would it be too silly a question to ask? Would it make her look foolish? Umbra didn't want to look any more foolish than she already did. She fidgeted in her tight cloths, wanting to ask when she could finally take them off. It would be heavenly to do so.

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:06 am

As they walk, even though it lacks in the amount of conversation he had asked for, Calcifer takes the occasionally photo, zooming in and out in various ways to best suit the expressions and positions. Meanwhile, Cassandra looks down at Umbra when she addresses her, her expression somewhat surprised and puzzled at the mysterious girl's compliment. She has been called beautiful many times before, but when it comes from the lips of another young woman, it is rarely with sincerity or lacking in any form of envy. The blue-eyed girl's genuine nature, therefore, is rather refreshing to the beautiful model, who smiles very vaguely, the most common of her smiles, down at her. For a moment that is her own reaction, as they walk serenely around the shooting area, ignoring the sound of Calcifer snapping photos, before Cassandra speaks once more to her. "Thank you. But you know, up until a while ago, such words would have frustrated me," she admits softly, somehow deciding that she can speak of such things with Umbra, who is so solemn and honest.

"You, yourself, are rather lovely, though. However, there is some depth in your eyes, it reminds me of someone I know- older than you look, and wiser than you should be. Where are you from?" Cassandra asks calmly, her expression curious but not in such a manner that would be frightening. The model sweeps a bit of her hair away from her face with a surprisingly graceful movement, her expression rather stoic despite the curiosity in them. Meanwhile, Calcifer is watching Umbra intently, hidden by the camera, and must remind himself to zoom back and include Cassandra, in her elegant red evening dress, in the photos, in order to maintain the plan of her being the center piece of these pictures, for the simplicity of that dress is one of the main pieces of the line. Somehow, the two seem very suiting for the roles of Snow White and Rose Red, in appearance at the very least, but it is Umbra who holds something that seems singularly fitting for the character. Calcifer glances back at one of the assistants, who is twirling her finger around to let him know that he only has twenty more minutes before they take the final pictures for the Rumplestiltskin shoot, which had been pushed back to last because the model had an appointment to attend to for it. When that shoot is over, the project itself, at least for Calcifer, will be done, because then it will go to PR and such.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:11 am

It was harder than she thought, Umbra realized, to focus on acting natural when Calcifer was right there, feverishly working behind the camera, most likely snapping dozens of photos. It made her more aware of herself than ever, and she didn't like the feeling. Cassandra, however, somehow made it better. Her dreamy eyes and gentle, airy voice were enough to get Umbra imagining a different world, a different place, a different time. Umbra, not very used to getting compliments, flushed at Cassandra's compliment, that she was "lovely." She had never been described as such. But the colors quickly faded at her following words. "Wiser than you should be... Where are you from?"

What a question to ask. Well, Umbra's logical side argued, it was a simple question to ask, polite, at that. In fact, Umbra could see the pristine elements of her past in Cassandra; the manners, the kindness, and yet she did not pry, as Calcifer had done before. And she was guarded herself, not offering any own information as to not boast.

"Ah well, Greece, actually..." Umbra stared at her feet quickly. She hated lying, but at times it was the only thing she could do, for the sake of everyone else. In some way or another, it wasn't a complete lie, for it was the first place she had come to when she had escaped from the Demon Lord's grasps. She had been a mere infant then by mind, and had made the foolish mistake of becoming close to those she had met. She had learned the hard way that it was better just to stay away. For once, her hands weren't over her chest, but hanging pathetically at her sides. She looked up quickly though, and offered Cassandra a small smile, though she could guess, as perceptive as Cassandra appeared to be despite the daydreaming, the sadness in her eyes was obvious. She tried to talk about the good things. "It's a very beautiful place, really. I enjoy visiting it every once in a while, though I have no family there." And all of that, at least, was true. There were painful memories there, and even then she did manage to visit once or twice a year. That way, she could force herself to keep moving. She looked back up at the woman dressed in elegant red. "What about you, Cassandra? Where are you from? And what brings you...here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP   Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange Names & Guessing Games | 1x1 | RP
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next