Sic Parvis Magna
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - Ω - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - -- - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Welcome to the Underworld.)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
❖ HAPPY NEW YEAR ROLEPLAYERS! ❖
❖ May 2014 bring even more brilliant, heart-wrenching creative works and many new wonderful memories to keep. ❖
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am
Latest topics
» Walton
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:02 pm by OurStars

» Clockwork Winds
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am by SoraAngel

» Marked | 1x1 | SoraAngel x Nightingale
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 am by SoraAngel

» Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

» Music on Forum
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm by ZephyrSolace

» S I G I L [Open for Sign-Ups]
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:30 pm by Nightingale

» Romeo&Cinderella ♡ Roleplay
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:00 pm by Nightingale

» Eden's Cage - Roleplay
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am by ZephyrSolace

» Dark Requiem | Role-Play
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm by ZephyrSolace

Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is saintjoain

Our users have posted a total of 594 messages in 86 subjects
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

Dear Residents of this vast underworld,

How is everyone? May Hades smile down upon you all. He is most certainly not smiling down at me at this moment. But …

Comments: 0

Eden's Cage - Roleplay

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

Eden's Cage - Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Eden's Cage - Roleplay Edensc10

“When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing
to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.”
(Genesis 3:16)

'Therein you shall live, and therein you shall die, and from it you shall be brought out. ' (Qur'an 7:24-25).

“In an age of superb scientific knowledge and research, it is below our intelligence to believe that immortality is unattainable, and that we should succumb to the same affliction of imperfection as our forefathers. Gentlemen, I tell you not once, but twice, what I have concluded before: There is a cure.” – Dr. Iraj Najafi, 1967

S T O R Y

Over seven billion people live in the world, and every single one of them are born with a fatal disease called imperfection, or mortality. Imperfection causes its subjects to be susceptible to an ever growing list of other brutal diseases. However, imperfection is the greatest threat of all, because the ending is always death. Whether you believe it was caused by a tempted woman biting the fruits of sin or just the chemical make-up of our bodies due to science, the fact is established that no man can escape death. Ever since you were born, you were destined to die.

Divina disagrees.

In 1945, an Iranian scientist by the name of Iraj Najafi spoke out against the belief that all men were condemned to mortality. He claimed that there was an abnormal anomaly in all humans’ cell structures that could be corrected and enhanced, causing human bodies to become pure, or perfect. In another time period, perhaps his research would have been
accepted. However, this was the year World War II ended, a year where many views on a superior race were now shunned and openly attacked. Dr. Najafi was forced to flee across Europe, until one day he met a man who also shared his views, a German man by the name of Niklas Fruehauf. Together they formed the Divina Association, which was an organization dedicated to creating an immortal race.

Knowing they would be persecuted, they established their headquarters on the mysterious islands of the Bermuda Triangle, where superstition and myths would keep
any prying eyes away. There they have remained for the last seventy years. In 1965, after 20 years of research, the two partners finally believed they had enough research and data to begin testing on human babies. At first, they pay local natives to give up their children, in the promise that they will be well taken care of. As the babies began to
die off from experimentation, the rifts began to grow between Dr. Fruehauf and Dr. Najafi. Just last year, they had created a serum named Astrum that was very powerful and gave newborn humans ingrown powers. However, Dr. Fruehauf argued that they should practice on animals until the serum was safe for children while Dr. Najafi held his ground. After a few years of locked horns, Dr. Fruehauf formed his own scientific society called Immer disappeared with a few of his followers in Brazil. When asked how he felt about this, Dr. Najafi angrily replied, "The show must go on!"

Fast forward to 1992.

Divina finally thought they had created the Immortal race when Adam and Eve were born. By this point, they were now taking children from the United States, as this country had the most ethnic diversity. Their DNA showed the adaptation to the Astrum serum, and their cells showed no signs of deterioration. At last, the scientists had finally created the perfect humans! Alas, it was a premature thought. Within a year, both subjects bodies were slowed down to a normal human's pace. Imperfection had claimed them again.

Scientist finally succeeded on June 14th, 1996 with the birth of four new babies of the immortals raced. Dubbed the "God team", the scientist specially assigned to train them began to teach them how they were going to revolutionize the world. They were given godlike powers and told that one day, they were going to use those powers to change the world. Meanwhile, the two failures from before were stripped of their names and simply called "The Venators," and hidden into a separate building far from the Immortals eyes.

In 2013, their plans were put in jeopardy when Immer returned.

P L O T

The Venators

Since you were four years old, you have been trained and experimented on to
become the ideal human weapon. You were no longer treated "special"; after hundreds of painful tests, you were given powers, then treated like animals for your entire life. There is only you and the other Venator. You've only got each other in the world.

When you both turned twenty, news of Immer returning filled the Divina headquarters.
You were now taught to use your powers sufficiently in case the "God" subjects were abducted and you needed to bring them back. However, three months after you turned twenty-one, the God subjects decided to escape from that horrible place. Good riddance.

Except that now you've been instructed to hunt them down and bring them back alive. If you fail, you will be killed. If you succeed, you will be granted the one thing you've always wanted: immortality.

The Immortals

Since the day you were born, you have been told your role in bringing about a
new era. You have been told how your godlike powers will help bring about a new era. Yet, deep down inside, you have always had doubts as to what your real and true purpose is. You know that the scientists are hiding something. As you grew older, you began to wonder more what the real world was like, and are anxious to find out for yourselves.

You receive that chance when Immer kidnaps you in your sleep. Through a
dream, they tell you that they are giving you the gift of freedom, and to use it wisely. Divina will now hunt you, and show you their true colors. Be careful.

Now begins your adventure.

Last edited by Nightingale on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:19 pm

R U L E S

- No eating each other
- No eating the trees
- No eating plastic
- No eating the sweet roll. It's mine!
- No eating little children.
- No eating old people (even though their so tasty
- No eating animals (except mice...you can eat mice)

.....Ok, here are the real rules

- No powerplaying or godmodding
- Keep it strictly PG-16
- All posts must be literate

Look, I'm not going to type up all the proper rules. You should know them by
now if you're an experienced role-player. Besides, ain't nobody got time for that!

Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:27 pm

C H A R A C T E R S

Immortals

Eden's Cage - Roleplay Jaimejpg_zps3f3a9ea4

^------ Both played by ZephyrSolace -----v

Eden's Cage - Roleplay Masonjpg_zpsc1f0048e

---------

Eden's Cage - Roleplay AyaAmaranth_zps90e6418b

^
------ Played by SoraAngel ------^

Eden's Cage - Roleplay Hollis_zpsbad7b57f

^
----- Played by OurStars -----^

The Venator

Eden's Cage - Roleplay Kunoskelly3_zps1d3ca2a5

^----- Played by Nightingale -----^
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:49 pm

S T A R T I N G P O I N T

Immortals

The immortal children are laying in a field of flowers in a forest. They are currently located in Alaska, U.S.A. A small Alaskan town is about five minutes away. Right next to their sleeping forms is four backpacks filled with basic supplies, $500 each bag, maps, compasses, and two changes of clothes. A name tag identifies the recipient of each bag. On each bag is stapled the same exact note, reading as followed:

"Freedom is a privilege. It can be taken away by anyone, unless you fight to keep control. Don't let Divina take away your freedom once more. You must fight to keep it.

Once you do that, you can explore the world as you were created to do. I have given you each five hundred U.S. dollars to spend during your travels. Use it wisely. If you have any problems, come find me.

Signed, Your Rightful Guardian"

-----------

The Venator

He is following their trail. The Immortals are good at hiding their scent, but they're not good enough to hide from him. He has tracked them through Canada, and has run 500 miles and leaped across the Canada-Alaska border. He knows they are close.

The hunt begins.

Last edited by Nightingale on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Use it wisely, chimes an enigmatic voice in the sleeping mind of one red-haired girl, as she sleeps near the unconscious forms of the only peers she has ever known. While this freedom should come as a joyous gift to her, the young woman can feel only frightened by the prospect. She has lived her life in discipline for fear of harming others, and has come to accept that her isolation, though perhaps not that of her peers, is for the safety of others. The concept of being released into the unknown, where her emotions may meet new obstacles and flare, inspires fear for the sake of those around her. The warmth on her skin from the summer sun only makes her subconscious more nervous, conjuring the image of fire within the depths of her mind. As though trying to escape it, her eyes flutter open to confirm that it had been merely a dream. This thought, however, provides comfort for a very short period of time, before she realizes that this location is unfamiliar to her.

She pushes herself up quickly into a sitting position, but that soon evolves into standing, because sitting as she had been wasn't the best defensive stance. Her muscles are tensed as she looks around, heightened senses looking for even the slightest of disturbances. Instead, all she hears are animals, and the soft breathing of those unconscious forms around her. This allows Hollis to relax slightly, but she has never been the sort to fully let loose, and thus remains ready to spring at any moment despite returning to a normal standing position. The area surrounding her is quite lovely, she must admit, and the wildflowers are vividly colored in such a way that makes this place seem unreal. It is far too picturesque, anyway. More enchanting to her, however, is the cornflower blue of the sky, which reaches on for miles. It is the same sky she has always known, of course, and yet it seems slightly paler, slightly softer. Hollis has always adored the open skies, though this may simply be a balance to her fear of cramped spaces. She does not allow herself to be distracted for long, however, slowly moving towards the bag that has her name on it, she examines the spot that it is on, as though expecting a trap of some sort. Hollis, despite being raised in a highly sheltered environment, has always been the suspicious sort.

After confirming that it is safe to pick up, Hollis carefully opens her bag and picks through the contents, though she does not extract any of them from the bag. Her last task involving the bag is to read the note, though she makes no immediate judgments on it. Instead, she rereads the note several times over, and tries to ignore the questions her mind bursts with. They can be dealt with later, as she is more focused on primary matters at the moment. Having confirmed that there is no immediate danger, she sees fit to try and awake the other youths who sleep on the soft grass of the field. The young woman has never been the most social of people, partially due to the fact that she works to keep herself rather robotic, which probably explains why her immediate thoughts were to assess the dangers of the area rather than wake up the others. She pulls her bag over her shoulder before walking over towards the others and quietly nudging them. She doesn't make any loud noises, and treads carefully. Of the group, she is perhaps one of those who would be better suited to integrating themselves into the world and living quietly. Unfortunately, she does not trust herself enough to believe that this is the case.

"Wake up," she whispers, voice barely audible as she nudges Aya with the toe of her shoes.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:39 pm

The Alaskan town Tok was bustling with energy at the early hour of nine. At roughly 1,546 residents, the town was fairly large. The general appearance for a Tok citizen was a checked, flannel shirt with a thick winter jacket, with heavy rain boots and mud-stained jeans. A middle-aged man with a close set eyes and brown hair fit the description perfectly as he walked down the dirt road, a traveler's bag strung across one shoulder. He was of average height, and possessed what seemed to be a growing beer belly. There was a diner across the street called Moosetracks, and the man crossed the street and walked in. He took a seat in one of the booths, where a older waitress in a pink uniform was cleaning a table.

"I'm gonna go grab you something to drink," She told him with a wink. The man smiled at her. When she came back, she set a glass of water on the table. "I reckon you want the house special?" She chirped, taking out a pen and paper.

"Sure, why not?" He said. He took off his hat to reveal balding hair, then proceeded to scratch it as she wrote. He never glanced at the menu, nor did he ever look out the window. His green eyes roamed the empty diner.

"Will that be all for now?" The waitress asked. The man looked back at her and nodded. Once the click of her heels receded into the back room, he immediately pulled out a brand new map of Alaska. There was a red dot indicating his location. When the waitress brought out the man's food, she found him hunched over the maps, his fingers hovering over a forest area next to Tok.

"You going hiking or something? If so, you'll want to check with Vern down the street at the Bait Shop. He knows the right routes," She said cheerfully, setting down a plate of pancakes and bacon down in front of him. At these words, the heavy-set man rose to his feet, his hands carefully folding up the map. "Thank you. That's all I needed," He said gruffly, sliding his backpack onto his shoulder.

The waitress' smile fell. "You didn't pay-" She began to argue. Suddenly, the man looked her in the eyes with vibrant silver eyes. "I did pay. Now go into the kitchen," He enunciated slowly, never breaking eye contact. As if in a trance, the woman slowly nodded and walked away off into the kitchen. The man then walked away out the door. As he emerged, he suddenly went from a portly middle-aged man into a lanky teenage boy with a wool cap and curled blond hair. The boy stopped to sniff the air, then, instinctively, his eyes looked west.

His prey was close.

Back to top Go down
Dangosan
Arts Wizard
Arts Wizard
Dangosan

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Eden's Cage - Roleplay YAxis_zps8cee65b8
The cool wind glided around her as she flew - under her wings, through her feathers, and against her tiny body, aiding it to keep afloat and allowing it to ride on its powerful gusts. She had been flying all day, in an attempt to catch up with her would-be partner, who was mostly likely following the same trail she was - really, the God Team were either setting up a trap of sorts, or were completely unaware of how clear of a trail they left. They reeked of experimentation and something else she couldn't exactly pinpoint, and the scent was so strong, they might as well drop a path of bread behind them like Hansel and Gretel for two Venators to eat. And then they'll lost themselves in the forest, she thought, admiring the metaphorical similarities between the two.
Her wings were beginning to grow sore, and the sun was beginning to set anyway, so it was with a little shift did the little pigeon begin to spiral downward in slow, controlled arcs. Her graceful landing, however, was ruined as a rock came hurling itself at her. She barely managed to dodge the thing, and caught the sounds of two laughing boys. They were picking up more rocks, and grumpily, she raised herself into the air once more, finally settling on the branch of a tree a few yards down. There was some rustling, a small string of curses, and finally a hissed "ow!" before a small, black-haired girl leap down, landing with ease on her feet, the dove gone. 
She was in a casual red sweater advertising a band she didn't know and slightly loose jeans, along with some old tennis shoes. Her messy black hair covered her right eye, while the other brown one blinked a few times, trying to switch back into human vision. The letter "Y" - which was also coincidentally her name - was seemingly tattooed across the back of her hand. "One of the wonderful things that come with shape-shifting," Y said to no one in particular as she set off at a brisk, upbeat pace, "You don't morph back naked." Deciding to get something to eat, she headed for a cafe she'd spotted while she was flying, humming to the tune of one of the many lullabies she knew. Vaguely, she wondered where X - her partner - was. He was a shape-shifter as well, but not a powerful one. She doubted he'd be able to change species like her, so he'd probably be limited to just human attributes. Good, the thought, That'll make the job of finding him easier.
The cafe was just popping into view before Y ran into someone - a boy with curly blond hair and odd eyes.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:44 pm

X adjusted his wool cap, his eyes scanning the area. He would need something to carry the Immortals in; something big. He could easily steal a truck, but first he'd have to find a way to keep the Immortals in the truck. I could always drug them. Divina didn't say anything against. It was a good thing the waitress had told him the right man to ask for trails. He didn't want to use his other powers unless the Immortals became hostile. For now, he was staying on the ground. All he had to do next was find this "Vern" person. X let out a small sigh. He really hoped the man would be reasonable in giving up information. He didn't want to have to kill and then impersonate him.

Suddenly, someone bumped into him. She was small, with short black hair and a red sweater on. X was about to apologize and move on when he suddenly caught a glimpse of her face. Wait a minute. X's eyes widened in shock. She looks like someone I know...someone who shouldn't be here. Before she could move away, X grabbed the girl's arm and turned her around to face him. Just like that, his suspicions were confirmed. Shock flowed throughout X's body.

"Y? What the hell are you doing here?" X asked. It was his partner, the only other Venator in world: Y. They grew up together; in fact, they had never been separated except for this mission. A mission which only X had signed up for. Y wasn't supposed to be here. She was supposed to be safe back at headquarters, not here. Divina said that they were only sending him. X felt his eyes narrowing. Leave it to them to lie. "You're not supposed to be here," He said more quietly, his eyes turning silver once more. He didn't know whether to feel joy at her being there or anger because she was there with him. X sighed. Another issue thrown his way.

Back to top Go down
Dangosan
Arts Wizard
Arts Wizard
Dangosan

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 am

"Sorry," Y muttered to the boy she'd run into, too short to get a good look at his face - or more specifically, his silver eyes. She must be really tired, she thought as she made to move past the lanky boy, to have not noticed Mister Curly Hair. What with both her enhanced agility skills and instinctive nature, she could have easily avoided the collision. She'd get some coffee, and then maybe rest at a hotel lounge or something. Take a nap. X couldn't be too far off -
"Hey!" The boy she'd run into had grabbed her arm none too gently, forcing her to turn her scowling face to him. "Let go of - !"
"Y?" She faltered, blinking at him, who looked just as confused, "What the hell are you doing here?" That was when Y noticed his face. Specifically, his silver eyes. 
"Oh my God, X!" she cried, her face breaking into a grin much too big for her face. Leaping up, she wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed as hard as she could, before she had to let go, seeing as her feet were barely touching the ground and X was beginning to lean over, unprepared for the hug and eighty-something more pounds of extra weight. "And you call yourself a man," Y scoffed, crossing her arms, "X, just because I'm a foot shorter than you, that does't make me any weaker. I want to help you get the God Team back, okay? You're up against, what, four immortal freaks with your petty hypnotic powers and the ability to look like a cherub, what with that curly blond hair." She smiled, obviously glad to have found him, as she ruffled his hair, "I'm way more awesome."
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:18 am

Y was bubbly and affectionate, just like she always was. She wasted no time in throwing her arms around him and hugging him. For a moment, X allowed himself to embrace the feel of her arms around him. He missed her hugs and the feel of her soft black hair. However, he did well to hide how much he enjoyed her touch. When Y pulled away, X's face was as blank as it was before. Y didn't seem to notice any change.

"And you call yourself a man. X, just because I'm a foot shorter than you, that doesn't make me any weaker, " Y began in what would be the start of a long nagging session.

This was customary for her. What X lacked in conversation skills Y made up tremendously. He didn't expect her to be finished soon. While she half-ranted, half-scolded (as if he was a child), X's eyes surveyed the area around them. People were starting to notice them. Even in a somewhat large town like this, he didn't want to be noticed, nor did he need to be noticed. X didn't want anyone recognizing them later on. He could always shift, but shifting into a new person was risky around people who weren't used to getting any strangers. They needed to move out of the public eye now, before people started approaching them. Before people started remembering them.

Before Y could say another word, X put a finger to her lips.

"Not here, not now"
He said in a low voice. Silently, he searched the area for a good meeting spot out of the sight of curious eyes. The hotel? No. The bar? Never- Wait. What would seem suspicious about an Alaskan man and his wife passing through town to get a drink? X removed his hand from Y's lips, a serious expression on his face.

"Follow my lead,"
was all he said before moving away on silent feet. There was a small bar opposite of the Moosetrack restaurant named 99 Bottles. They could easily blend in among the other drunks. Besides, no one would be able to hear them over the rabble. By the time X passed into the bar, his appearance was changed. He clothed in heavy work boots and slightly mud-stained pants, with a puffy red jacket and a baseball cap with the American flag on it. He was shorter, about 5'10" to be precise, with short brown hair and sideburns. His eyes were now small and mud brown, while his nose was slightly crooked. X looked around the dimly lit place before choosing to sit at a table in the corner, well out of the way of the other patrons.

Back to top Go down
ZephyrSolace
Guild Master
Guild Master
ZephyrSolace

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:23 am

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

When Jaime finally came to, he noticed immediately the change of scenery. It was all so surreal that he had a hard time grasping the fact that he was here, wherever here was. He didn’t care at this point, as long as he was away from Divina. Nature was a second home to him, where his native origins were rooted. He couldn’t help but take a good look around. See the sights, inhale a breath of pristine air, enjoy the moment when he had the chance.    
He saw a bag with his name labeled and he rummaged through it, reading the note and nearly hooting with joy. He knew he would accept all of this and relish the freedom. They all had to get a move on it, though. By now, Divina would be looking for the precious “God Team.” At the thought of the name, Jaime had a bitter aftertaste in his mouth. Whatever information Divina fed them had to be just propaganda. What Jaime feared the most was being wrong; he didn’t want to be. Either way, the male wasn’t going to continue to be manipulated if he could help it. He had no business in changing the world, and he surely would not own up if someone told him that his view was wrong. Didn’t he have a choice? He’d rather leave the world intact and let nature take its course.  
Jaime woke up Mason and when he realized that Hollis was already awake, he made his way to her, the other boy in tow. He gave Hollis a nod, serving as a “hello.” Then he prodded Aya as well, hoping it was enough. “Alright, we should leave as soon as possible before anyone discovers our location,” he said eagerly, naturally assuming the leader role without asking. Hollis was independent, but she wasn’t much of a talker. Mason was too hesitant for his liking, and Aya was…still unconscious. “We’ll go true north. Maybe stop to get a quick bite before heading on our way again.” Jaime spoke with confidence, despite his inexperience. He hadn’t stopped to think about whether the other immortals would follow him or not. Did it matter? In the end, he would make them accompany him. All his doubts about Divina had amounted to something that propelled him to this. He might have a better chance on his own, but at the same time he wanted the other immortals with him.  He didn’t plan on Divina retrieving any of them.   
On the other hand, Mason had his reservations about this. He couldn’t believe his eyes, the scene before him. He remembered his subconscious speaking to him and this time, it wasn’t just him dwelling in his own little world. Something—someone—was granting him freedom. Mason wasn’t sure how to react. Half of him wanted to try and contact Divina; the other half didn’t. Torn, he simply stood there and waited for Jaime to direct him.

Last edited by ZephyrSolace on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dangosan
Arts Wizard
Arts Wizard
Dangosan

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:20 pm

"But seriously, you didn't honestly think I'd just let you go and enter the immortality lottery - " Y was cut short as X put a finger against her lips, silencing her. Raising a brow, she looked up at him, crossing her arms but making no move to take X's hand away from her mouth, which here twitching slightly from a suppressed smile. X, however, remained stoic. "Not here, not now," he murmured, eyes scanning and mind working. Y stared at him in slightly awe, admiring his readiness and silently laughing at his stoniness. Suddenly struck with an idea, X turned promptly and set off at a quickly but silence pace, "Follow my lead."
Curious, Y hurried behind him, small feet unable to carry herself as elegantly as X. There was a cheerful and rhythmical bounce to her steps, as if she were listening to music through invisible earphones, a few notes escaping in the form of little hums. The two walked for a few minutes in silence, before X made for a bar. Y looked up at the sign, where '99 Bottles' flashed half-heartedly in neon. Y faltered in her steps, watching the taller boy morph as he entered through the door, brown eyes now alert, before following right behind him, shifting herself accordingly.
Y grew a few inches, her short black hair lengthening to her shoulders and fading into mousy brown. Her body had grown chubbier and curvier, though her hollowed cheeks hinted at failed diets. The edges of her honey eyes were now crinkled, as was her forehead and neck, so that she looked to be about forty or so. Middle-aged. She was dressed in a nice, simple blouse and a knee-length skirt. Her heels thudded softly against the wooden floor. Taking a seat from across X, she giggled, her slightly crooked teeth showing, "Damn. I hope I never look like this when I get older. My butt is huge."
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:00 am

The first thing Aya noticed was that it wasn't dark. She winced against the brightness. For some reason, her side was starting to ache, as if someone had jabbed it multiple times. It was only when her vision finally adjusted that she noticed the familiar faces that surrounded her. Suddenly she was on her feet, light turquoise eyes alight with excitement. For a moment she couldn't believe her eyes. Free? They were free?
She let her emotions get ahead of themselves. She jumped, and pranced, and ran in circles, her curly blond locks trailing behind her like a thick cape. She could barely contain her happiness, her excitement, her shock at being free. She supposed a healing spirit was to be a gentle one, but for Aya was freedom was the epitome of happiness. But of course, not yet. After several seconds of soft yelling and dancing - she had never been very shy - she paused, biting her lip, suddenly coming to terms with what this must mean. She turned to look at the person nearest to her. Jaime appeared to have just finished saying something. His expression almost shined with an almost brilliant confidence, and Aya felt herself glow with pride. She wasn't sure why her pride had anything to do with the situation; she was always surprised and delighted with any of her friends managed to achieve their dreams or just succeed in being who they wanted to be. It was an inherent trait.
 "What happened? How did we get here? Or maybe... we're dead?"  
The last part was a mere afterthought, but it was reasonable question in Aya's opinion. Still, the idea of death almost amused her. So this was what the afterlife was like? It didn't seem half-bad. Her eyes widened, and her question, previously hinging on curiosity, turned desperate. "We're dead? Ooh, ooh, how did we die? This is brilliant!"
Back to top Go down
https://sic-parvis-magna.forumotion.com
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:00 am

As Y got into her seat, X surveyed the bar. No one was paying much attention good. He was about to speak when Y started talking. "Damn. I hope I never look like this when I get older. My butt is huge," Y complained with a smile, revealing newly crooked teeth. For a brief second, X's eyes flickered down to look at her butt. She was right, except he didn't mind the size. X looked away quickly, his mouth settling into a hard line. He shouldn't have slipped like that. That wasn't even her real butt. Get your head out of the gutter. Focus. Funny, that's what he used to say to her. X decided to completely ignore her previous statement, and to simply fill her in on what was going on with The God Team. That's why they were here anyways. Besides, X didn't like talking anymore than they had to.

"The Immortals are fifty miles west of here. You read they're file; they may be smart, but they know nothing of this world. They're naive, vulnerable. I say we play to this weakness and pick them up as hitchhikers in a van, or RV," X said, tipping his hat down further, "I've got some powerful sedatives we can use to keep them under control. Hopefully we can drive them somewhere safe, then call to Divina for pickup. We get paid, and then we're done."

Back to top Go down
Dangosan
Arts Wizard
Arts Wizard
Dangosan

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 am

X was the only person Y really had in this world. Twenty-one years, and all she could trust was a single silver-haired boy. And trust she did. Y couldn't even begin to count all the times she'd shaken him awake in the middle of the night, crying about a nightmare she'd had, and he'd reluctantly allow her to curl up in his chest underneath the worn blankets, the amount of times he'd tripped or cut himself, and Y would have to try and reach the tall cabinets with the bandages on small tiptoes. Little moments of vulnerability unintentionally exposes to each other, stretched across the span of over two decades. Of course they trusted each other. They loved each other like they would their own kin. (Well, Y did, anyway. Sometimes it was hard to tell what lay behind those silvery eyes.)
As Y chuckled, the lines in X's face seemed to harden, as if he was angry with her for being unable to take the situation seriously. Having missed the small dart of his eyes - with love, came weakness, and she'd long let her walls crumble when it came to X - Y gave a faint cough, "Sorry," she murmured shyly, ducking her head in an attempt to "get her head out of a the gutter", a phrase the silver boy enjoyed saying to her. Honestly, she didn't understand why he always had to be so stony. It was amazing what a little humor could do to one's life. Resurfacing, the grin now replaced with a faint smile, Y listened carefully as X quietly explained his plan. When he finished, she rested her chin on her palm and leaned forward, eyes casted upwards in thoughtfulness.
"Hmm. Alright, that'll work. But I don't like the idea of basing this entire thing on the hopes that the Godlings will be gullible enough. What if they do know a thing or two? It's been a few days, X. Underestimation is unwise. What I'm saying is, we need to worsen the given variables. Make them have to get in, shorten the amount of time they have to think the situation through." Y paused and looked out the window, where the sun was just disappearing below the horizon, "Nighttime's just around the corner. So a rabid pack of wolves is very appropriate, I think. And if we can't find one to cooperate with us..." the illusionist offered X a crooked smile.
"I can always make some."
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:26 am

Y was right. They may not be the sharpest people out there, but they'd still be suspicious. The more he thought about Y's plan, the more he agreed with it. I could get a the van and bring it to a designated spot. Y could herd the children to where I am. Once they're in the van, I'll stun the entire car. X gave Y a careful look. He didn't like the idea of her having to meet up with him. Anything could go wrong. Then again, it wasn't like she'd take no for an answer. Ever since they'd been children, Y had been the bubbly yet stubborn one and the first one to open her mouth. In a way, she was the complete opposite of X. See, but that's what made them whole. That's what them the perfect team. Or the perfect couple. Briefly, X's mind played a memory from nine months ago, a memory of his hands on her hips. He'd been open in showing how much he loved her. X had thought she had felt the same way too, until the morning after, when she couldn't remember a thing. And when she still treated him like a sibling.

X looked at Y, at her happy expression and faint smile. She always could joke abotu everything. She had an easygoing nature that Y would never have. He just never had the ability to take life as a joke as she did, especially after the birthday incident. It was so much easier to forget than remember. Y would never know how much pain he was in. She must never know. With that, X banished all inappropriate thoughts and memories of Y from his mind. She would never return his love; so why sulk over it when they had mission? They needed to get this done as quickly as possible. "Fine," X responded to Y's idea, his face remaining blank, "I'll pick up the van. You get in position near the North Route." X then leaned in closer, his eyes remaining on Y's face. "Leave before me. I'll wait five minutes before exiting."

Back to top Go down
Dangosan
Arts Wizard
Arts Wizard
Dangosan

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:08 am

"Fine," X replied after a brief silence, his features smoothed out in icy neutrality, as if he were displeased or reluctant to follow Y's plan. But she knew better. As he went on to give her the details, her smile widened with excitement. Much like the Godlings, she'd never had too much exposure to the real world. Sure, she'd trained - countless simulations, obstacle courses, tangible constructions to mimic all situations she'd ever possibly run into - but for the first time in her life, she could die. Away from the cruel but safe headquarters of Divina, the raw aspect of actually losing this life only further thrilled Y. This was the real deal, after all - this little mission was going to determine whether all those years of training had paid off, whether she was good enough. She figured vaguely that she was over exaggerating. Picking up four pampered and naive underlings wasn't really all that life-threatening. But Y enjoyed being theatrical, so she dismissed the thought with a mental wave of her hands.
When X finished tying up the loose ends of their plan, Y brought her hand to her forehead in mock salute, "Aye, aye, Captain," she whispered just as quietly, grinning. She leaned forward and gave X a small peck on the nose, "I'll see you soon, okay? Listen for Jack and Jill." She quickly stood up and with a small wink and wave, left the bar, shifting back into her normal look as she passed through the door. By 'Jack and Jill', Y had meant the signal that she was near, that she was okay. As the young woman knew a large amount of lullabies and nursery rhymes, she enjoyed using them in ways that weren't just night songs for X to hear. Y quickly slipped into a dark alleyway, pale skin disappearing into its shadows, and reappearing, a piece of the darkness seemingly broken off to drape around her small form.
With an echoing cry, the crow set off.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 am

X was prepared for Y's mockery. She was always joking around with him, even in the most serious situations. He was somewhat unprepared for the kiss on the nose. It was a sneak attack; before X could even recover, Y said, "I'll see you soon, okay? Listen for Jack and Jill." And then she was gone. The sensation of her kiss didn't leave with her. For a moment, just for a second, X allowed his face to soften. What was sisterly affection to her was a bitter reminder to him. He wished it was possible to destroy his own memories. But it's not. Maybe he'd invent it when he was done with this mission.

X glanced down at his watch. 1:35. Five minutes had passed.

As soon as X exited the bar, he began to walk straight towards the Bait Shop. He hadn't forgotten the waitress's earlier words. He would find Vern, and ask for information on trails and maps. He would "persuade" him to give up his van. X never thought for a second that Vern may not have a van. All the locals had at least one van or truck. One or the other would suffice. All X had to do was find one that fit his needs. The Bait Shop itself wasn't hard to find; displayed on the roof was a giant fish with a hook in its mouth. X quickly stepped inside, the shop door giving a soft jingle as he came in. The store wasn't large. Hooks and different baits hung from the roof and walls, and shelved in glass cases were fishing rods. Behind that stood a small counter, where a man with a full beard in a hunter's hat stood. A name tag on his chest read "Vern."

"Looking for something specific?" Vern asked. X began to move closer, his eyes never straying from his face.

"Actually, I was looking for some trail route maps for up North. Do you have any?"

Vern smiled at him. "Sure! I got some with the best routes lined in red." He went into the backroom for a bit, and then he came back out with two rolled up maps. X returned his smile with own. "Thank you," X said, "But I was also wondering where I could get a van from around. Know any good places?"

"Oh yeah," Vern said in a knowing manner, "There's a Ford car dealership two miles west of here. It's where I got my Escalade truck." Bingo.

Vern then went on and said, "Anything else you need?" X then looked at him, his features slowly receding into his own.

"I need your truck," He said, his eyes flashing silver.

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Hollis appears rather relieved when another person awakens, having disliked being the only one conscious. After all, that left her with the responsibility to defend them should something happen whilst they slept, and she isn't entirely sure that she would be up to the challenge. The young woman is perfectly capable of protecting herself, of course, but four unconscious bodies is another situation entirely, even if those bodies are in possession of diamond hard skin that cannot be pierced by even the sharpest of blades. Despite having the idea of being the embodiment of perfection drilled into her heads for her entire life, Hollis is nothing if not a pessimist, and her belief in this ideal is limited, at best.

The first one who joins her in being awake is Jaime, who seems not to notice her when she glances his way, body tensing at the sign of movement. In fact, only upon waking up Mason, perhaps the most solemn member of their company, does he look back towards Hollis and notice the fact that she is up and moving. Catching his eye, she nods in robotic acknowledgement. Yes, she is far from gifted socially, it should seem. Were she to act this way in the real world, people would likely view her as either snobbish or incredibly awkward. Perhaps they would be correct. He speaks up, immediately taking the role of leader, something that Hollis does not object with, for she has no reason to. The sleeping girl near her is perhaps too childish to be trusted as a leader, and Mason too reflective to move forward. Then again, perhaps Mason shares her fear of being outside of the Divinia property. He seemed less likely to immediately embrace this strange new freedom, anyway. In this, they are like-minded.

All the same, Hollis allows Jaime to go on. Hunger is hardly our most prominent concern at the moment, she thinks, reacting to his suggestion that they grab a bite upon leaving. This thought goes unsaid and, most likely, undetected, for the young woman's expression maintains its typically neutral, and rather uninteresting, state. While her eyes show an alertness, and her body someone ready to react at a moment's notice, everything else about her appears completely blank, as though she was painted by someone who lacked passion, and therefore could give none to their subject.

The girl is distracted, then, by a certain blond girl with turquoise eyes and an overly excited manner. Aya is now up and about, this much has been clear from the moment that she noticed someone skip past her, followed by a mane of wavy blond hair. Aya has always been a very cheerful and relatively carefree individual, save for her strangely dark humor, and so her reaction comes as no surprise to Hollis. As the girl asks if they are dead, and then decides it to be true, Hollis merely observes with reserved amusement and slightly less reserved concern. I should contact Divinia, she decides at first, but this resolve weakens ever so slightly at the cheerful state of both Jaime and Aya. The young woman glances over towards Mason to try and get a glimpse of his reaction, but is somewhat unsuccessful.

Perhaps I can go back without making them come with me. They seem happy, she muses, but her typical pessimism causes her to wonder after whether this is really the best idea- Aya may easily be tricked and harmed by someone, after all.
Back to top Go down
ZephyrSolace
Guild Master
Guild Master
ZephyrSolace

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Aya’s excitement was infectious, yet it didn’t quite rub off of on Mason yet. There was a bit of skepticism about this whole concept. Was it really freedom if they were on the run and worrying that they would be found? He believed his life was always under a microscope; it seemed he had little to no privacy, the only comfort being the solitude inside his mind. What if this was a test and Divina was watching to gauge which one of them needed more training? Divina would resort to anything to make sure the God Team was intact. Now that was a thought.

When Jaime mentioned food, Mason remembered it must have been a few days since he had eaten. He never had much of an appetite anyways, preferring to fast. That wasn’t to say he went a month without getting some food into his system. He was going to say he wasn’t hungry, but he figured Jaime had his reasons. They needed energy for the long, arduous journey ahead, and it was unwise to wait until one’s stomach growled. All he could think about was what Divina told him, though, until Aya posed a thought-provoking question. The logical side of him doubted they were dead, though this scenery was indeed heavenly. Even if they were dead, he didn’t mind. Death was only the beginning.
-
Jaime smiled broadly at Aya’s reaction. It was nice to know that someone shared his enthusiasm. “I don’t know how we got here, but don’t worry. We’re not dead just yet. Somebody rescued us, gave us this blessing. None of you can let this opportunity go to waste. In times like this, we have to stick together.” He paused. “We’re free. We’re free!” he repeated, savoring the sweet taste of those words on his tongue and letting them sink in. He hurriedly unfolded a map but he didn’t quite understand it. He couldn’t read that, much less a compass accurately. Instincts it was. He trusted them more than anything right now. Beckoning to everyone and slinging his bag over his shoulder, Jaime ventured into the forest. He should probably use some markers or leave some sort of trail to find his way back, but he eventually dismissed this idea. It wasn’t like the meadow was any more familiar than the rest of this place. He felt comfortable surrounded by nature, his home.

Jaime soon lost track of how long he had walked for before he broke into a clearing. There was a road, undoubtedly leading to civilization. How long it was before he reached the next stop, he wasn’t sure. All he had was a few supplies, his power, and the drive to make it. Fifteen minutes later, Jaime saw buildings up ahead, buildings that weren’t Mason’s work. He couldn’t believe his luck. They could all start over there, or at least enjoy some free time to themselves. He simply hoped the others would follow his lead, as inexperienced as he may be.

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Aya listened with infinite excitement as Jaime assured her that they were, in fact, not dead, but free. Free from those dark mangy walls and the endless cold, free from anyone else's will but they're own. She wanted to be at the front of it all, but Jaime seemed to know more than she did, so she reserved herself behind him, her pace matching Mason's. He seemed quiet, his usual self. Aya watched him for a few moments. She had never known him very well. No, that wasn't the right way to describe it. She knew them, she knew what they were like, but she had never formed any bonds between them that extended beyond superficial friendship. Perhaps it had been the confinement that took away their ability to become close, and it would make sense to an outsider if they trusted no one else but each other. 
In fact, maybe that was how it was for the rest of them. Aya felt a slight pang of something unidentifiable in her heart, but she shook away the feelings quickly. It didn't matter. The past was behind them.
As soon as they stepped into the forest, Aya automatically inhaled the natural fresh air. She let the calm winds that she only associated with plants wash over her, and without knowing it, she was smiling. The previous feelings of dread were nothing more than nonexistent. She adjusted the backpack she had picked off the ground when a thought struck her, and she turned to look at the silent boy beside her.
"Hey Mason, wanna see a cool trick I learned?" Not waiting for a response, treading carefully on the grass, she pinpointed a nearby flower late to bloom and pointed at it. The flower shuddered momentarily, and then slowly, delicately, the orange petals opened one by one, until the flower was in full bloom, facing towards the sun for warmth. It made Aya happy that the flower had responded to her even though it needn't have, that it hadn't rejected her request like all the ones in the very beginning. She sighed softly. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
https://sic-parvis-magna.forumotion.com
ZephyrSolace
Guild Master
Guild Master
ZephyrSolace

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Eden's Cage - Roleplay Masonjpg_zpsc1f0048e

Mason took note of how Jaime had headed off into the forest and with little warning, he seemed to be moving quite fast. He was too reckless for his own good, Mason believed. He soon lost sight of the back of the other male’s head. With a small huff, Mason simply continued walking in a straight path. He should meet up with Jaime eventually, granted he hadn’t taken any unexpected turns. If the male expected them to stay as a group, then he ought to have slowed down his pace. That was only common sense, wasn’t it? His excitement must have spurred him on anyways.

So engrossed in his thoughts, Mason didn’t realize Aya was trying to talk to him until several moments later. “Oh, yes. It’s quite stunning,” he said absently, sparing juts a glance at what she was demonstrating. She was manipulating a flower. Just the basics, nothing spectacular. He felt bad, though, so he smiled wanly and clapped politely to show some interest at least. “I have a trick of my own, but I’ll do it later, okay? I wouldn’t want to destroy this beautiful natural habitat.” Anyone knew that man-made things and nature did not mix well.

Mason directed the conversation elsewhere, curious about Aya. “Why aren’t you up there with Jaime?” He wasn’t trying to brush her off per se; he was merely wondering about that, among other matters he eventually had to share before he burst. “Aya,” he began, treading carefully, “do you think this is a set-up? I mean, what if we’re not really free…if Divina is watching us…” He trailed off. He was sounding paranoid now. Mason sighed deeply, remaining noncommittal at the moment. He always needed a bit of time to collect his thoughts anyways.

Back to top Go down
Dangosan
Arts Wizard
Arts Wizard
Dangosan

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:56 pm

By the time Y had entered the perimeter of the forest, the smell was nearly unmistakable. Gliding up higher into the air to get a better view, she scanned around the greenery, searching, before beady eyes latched onto a clearing. She then made to lower herself so that her feathers almost brushed the branches of the highest trees and sniffed to see if she could find a clearer trace of the Godlings. Closer. Y entered into the forest and settled on a low tree branch a few feet from the waving blades of grass down below before giving a small sniff yet again. She was still for a moment, and the last glimmer of the sun disappeared beyond the horizon. Then, silently, her small head cocked to her left and she gave one final sniff.
Gotcha.
As black feathers thinned into hair, the moon appeared from behind a wispy cloud, illuminating her pale face and dark hair. She shut her eyes and began to mutter quietly, as if humming the distant lyrics of a foreign lullaby. As she sung her odd little song, the petite little girl extended her hand forward, and allowed it to rest there for a few moments, dead and empty. A few minutes later, she came to an abrupt stop in her chanting, and her eyes fluttered open, a darker shade than her usual honey brown. The moon wavered, and an unnatural breeze filtered through the woods. She smiled. This was her world now. A mirage that nobody but herself would recognize. All that was left...
Y allowed her raised hand to jerk violently, once dead fingers suddenly burning with life, curling and locking in a language none understood.
As convincing howls filled the air, Y slipped down from the tree and broke into a run, her mind already counting the seconds.
They'll never know what hit them.
Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Hollis continues to quietly watch Jaime and Aya, both of them having always been the more enthusiastic and, as far as she could tell given their painfully limited social spheres, extroverted of the foursome. Jaime continues to take the lead, although he does stop to grin at the petite blonde and assure her that they are not dead- simply free. Were Hollis the sort to believe in final resting places, she may have considered the weight of Aya's inquiry a bit more. As it stands, however, she has never believed in anything beyond death, other than the fact that their cells will likely be taken for further experimentation, to further the cause of creating the perfect people- Gods among insects, as the scientists had been so fond of putting it. Ironic, given that this would place the very scientists who had created them among the insects.

The collection of inexperienced individuals trek on, Hollis included despite her uncertainties, pushing their way through the woods with the ever-optimistic Jaime as their vanguard. Hollis is at the rear of the parade, with Aya and Mason between she and Jaime- Aya having slowed down to show Mason a little trick, which Hollis can easily get a glimpse of from her current location, a few paces behind the duo. There is an undeniable beauty in Aya's abilities, ones so focused on life and growth, that Hollis cannot help but admire, even if Aya can often seem a strange cross between a naive toddler and Edgar Allen Poe, minus the actual poetry aspect. Hollis is typically a rather reserved individual, controlling her emotions with a determination fueled by the memory past mistakes, but it has always been slightly difficult to ignore the envy she feels towards Aya's abilities. Life. Beauty. Meanwhile, Hollis views hers as destruction and wildness, the playfulness of wind not managing to truly balance out the ferocity that fire seems to embody.

Continuing with her unintentional, but unavoidable, eavesdropping, Hollis takes in Mason's words, his concerns, before looking over their heads towards the disappearing figure that is Jaime. He's already exited the forest, it seems, while the others maintain a more leisurely pace.

Then, there is darkness. It comes upon them quickly and unexpectedly, like a well trained assassin. It had been a bit dim earlier, but the sudden settling of evening seems strangely accelerated- at least, Hollis believes this to be so. She glances at the others, trying to gauge their reactions to the fact that they are now left with the illumination of the moon alone- and little good that does, given the thickness of the trees above them. The sun, at least, had shined through the thick forestry- the moon's light lacks the same strength.

In an effort to provide assistance to the others, Hollis faces her right palm upwards, and a bright flame floats above it, giving their surroundings a rather eerie glow, but light nonetheless. The flame requires her to loosen the tight guard she has over her emotions slightly, but not enough to lose control. Hollis is too terrified of her own emotions to access her full potential in either element, unfortunately.  There is a distinct howling noise in the distance now, and immediately Hollis realizes that it must be wolves. They seem to be nearing the edge of the forest, at least. She isn't particularly concerned, anyway. Simple wolves are hardly an issue for four demigods of sorts- especially when said demigods are equipped with impenetrable skin.

"I hate to rush everyone, but perhaps we should hurry. I wouldn't want to start a forest fire," she states dryly, genuinely concerned about this. Her control is well practiced, but no one doubts it more than the girl herself. Perhaps this is for the best- it prevents her from growing cocky and losing her grip.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:40 pm

The trail that X drove down was bumpy and filled with gravel and dirt. He was glad he was driving this crappy truck instead of a regular car. It hadn't taken long for him to find this road; the map Vern had given him was surprisingly detailed. Besides, X knew the Godlings were close. Just to make sure, X stuck his head out the window and sniffed the air. Yeah, I'm going the right way. In an instant, X's male features changed from the an oily, toadish male face into a kind-faced old woman with silver hair pulled back in a bun. He felt his body change in stature and weight as he became the ideal appearance of a loving grandma. At first he was going to keep his other appearance, but then X realized that wolves shouldn't be the only thing to draw the kids into his car. He needed them to trust him. What was more trusting than a sweet, elderly woman?

Hopefully Y would know how to adapt. X frowned. He still didn't think she was up for this. She was too green, too inexperienced. I mean, what if something goes wrong? X tried not to let his mind fret over her. Focus. Maybe I should see what's in the car. X had cleared the truck of unnecessary items before he'd started driving, yet he hadn't thoroughly searched the vehicle. X reached over and opened the glove department. What he found inside wasn't surprising; there were documents on the car and an instruction manual. The only thing different was a black case, which held a small pistol in it. Americans and their guns. X carefully concealed the weapon in the folds of his jacket. He might need that later. As he drove, he suddenly felt a slight tingling at his mind. Then, all at once, the sun turned into the moon, and the sky went dark.

Abruptly, X stopped the car and looked out the window. An illusion...Must be Y's doing. If this was the case, then he didn't have much time to get into position. However, before he even drove any further, he saw a figure standing at the edge of the forest. Even in the illusion of darkness, X could recognize him a mile away. Jaime, Age 17, born at precisely 5 am at exactly 8 pounds. Powers: astral projection growth. Jaime looked exactly the same from when he was fifteen, the first time X had seen him. With the eyes of a hunter, X watched him carefully as he slowed down into a stop next to him. He didn't see any of the others with him; however, he was sure they were just behind him. Jaime had always been, or tried to be, the leader of their little group. This next part would be easy, as long as he could convince Jaime to come with him.

"Excuse me," X called in an old woman's voice, rolling down the passenger window, "I know it's none of my business, but it's dangerous to be out here alone at night." X gave Jaime a worried look, his wrinkled lips pursing. "Don't you know there's wolves and bears in there?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eden's Cage - Roleplay   Eden's Cage - Roleplay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eden's Cage - Roleplay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next