Sic Parvis Magna
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - Ω - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - -- - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Welcome to the Underworld.)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
❖ HAPPY NEW YEAR ROLEPLAYERS! ❖
❖ May 2014 bring even more brilliant, heart-wrenching creative works and many new wonderful memories to keep. ❖
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am
Latest topics
» Walton
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:02 pm by OurStars

» Clockwork Winds
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am by SoraAngel

» Marked | 1x1 | SoraAngel x Nightingale
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 am by SoraAngel

» Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

» Music on Forum
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm by ZephyrSolace

» S I G I L [Open for Sign-Ups]
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:30 pm by Nightingale

» Romeo&Cinderella ♡ Roleplay
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:00 pm by Nightingale

» Eden's Cage - Roleplay
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am by ZephyrSolace

» Dark Requiem | Role-Play
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm by ZephyrSolace

Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is saintjoain

Our users have posted a total of 594 messages in 86 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

Dear Residents of this vast underworld,

How is everyone? May Hades smile down upon you all. He is most certainly not smiling down at me at this moment. But …

Comments: 0

Dark Requiem | Role-Play

Go down 
+2
OurStars
SoraAngel
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 KagamineLenWhoasig_zps6c8877e3

The sun was a symbol of pure cruelty.

Charlie smiled slightly, briefly at Marianna, glad he didn't need to explain further. In fact, he was glad one of these two people appeared sane.

Without further ado, Charlie began dragging Al along with him towards the building. Without meaning to, his gaze shifted to the sun, beating down on them without fail. Once, people may have looked to the sun with hope for a brighter future. One of those people may even have been Charlie. Now all it brought was dread and a bitter taste in his mouth. He glared at it a bit longer until they reached the building, which seemed to be structured like one of the New York-style apartment complexes, built only a few years back. It looked fairly undamaged, but Charlie was relieved to find that the system of buzzers was out of order, so they didn’t need anyone to let them in.

He looked back at Marianna. His lack of experience didn’t make him stupid—only all the more cautious.
“Are you ready?”

Last edited by SoraAngel on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sic-parvis-magna.forumotion.com
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:18 am

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 Redtay10

Varro seemed pleased with the food. While he ate, Red dragged a beaten up kitchen chair from a corner and dragged it over by him. She sat on it backwards, her head resting on top of her arms on the back of the chair as she watched Varro eat. There was something about the way he consumed food that fascinated her. What was it like, to eat as much food as you wanted without fear of getting sick? It’d been so long since Red had been able to do that. Why, the last time she could do that was before her days as a prostitute. She blinked a bit when Varro suddenly stopped eating and gave her an intense stare.

“Aren’t you gonna eat, Kris?” Varro asked, his expression suspicious. Red leaned back with widened eyes. “I…well…” She began to say.

“You don’t eat much, do you? You would get a lot more done if you did.” His words made Red’s eyes narrow slightly. She didn’t need food to get work done. Someone’s mighty observant. Red looked at her arms, then rubbed them, feeling self-conscious. His inquiries threw her off balance. The question was how to respond? Then, Varro’s mouth was opening yet again to say something. “Dude, you didn’t like, poison this or something, did you?” He asked with a smile. Red smiled back at him. There, now here was her chance.

“I didn’t poison it, stupid,” She said lightly, “And I already ate today. Why don’t you worry about yourself and not my eating habits?” Actually, she hadn’t eaten today, or yesterday for that matter. But he doesn’t have to know that. Red swung her legs a bit, her eyes averted. Varro seemed almost done eating; what then? Was she supposed to say her goodbyes? As much as she missed human contact, Red wasn’t sure if letting him stick around was the best option. Her eyebrows furrowed together in worry. She had to keep him talking.

“You hear that radio broadcast from earlier?” Red asked quietly.

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 am

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 Varrosignature2_zps0566a1bc

Varro shoved another spoonful of ramen into his mouth before he replied. "Radio broadcast?" He thought for a moment, and then shook his head. "Aren't all radio systems supposed to be like, busted or something?" If not, what did she mean? Why was it important enough to be mentioned when these days --

Oh. The answer came to Varro linked with a recent, unwanted memory. This couldn't be about the thing in D.C., could it? The one he had told him about, before he'd started changing? So there had been a broadcast about it?

Almost mindlessly, Varro allowed himself another spoonful of food "Did it have something to do with the sanctuary set up in D.C., by any chance?" he continued talking, only this time it wasn't necessarily directed at Kris."I mean, I knew about it, but I kinda forgot... Seriously though? It's real?" He shuddered involuntarily. "I'm not quite sure how I feel about that..." He looked up at Kris suddenly, knowing he would need some time alone to deal with the onslaught of memories. "Hey, I'm gonna need to take a breather." He offered a grin. "I think this place is starting to get to me. You don't mind, do you?" There may have been something suggestive in that last comment.

Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:45 am

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 East3_zps31032c2c

After West told her it’d be a few days before they got to DC, he callously responded to her bathroom question, “What’s stopping you?” East felt her mouth form into a pout at his harsh words. She was used to him being blunt, so the sudden surge of irritation she felt was mostly at herself. Ugh, of all things, why did I have to ask him permission for that? East might as well have reverted back to being ten. With a huffy sigh and a red face, East turned on her heel and moved in the direction of the trees West had pointed to, her hands jammed deep into her pockets. She had been trying so hard lately to grow up, but it seemed that she was simply regenerating back to a child. Just like everytime she wandered out of Wal-mart, she was always scolded, and her actions always back-fired. How? How do I show West I’m not a child anymore?

By this point she had gone far into the trees area. East stopped with a resigned look on her face. It had happened again. Everytime she was left to her own thoughts, she daydreamed and got herself lost somehow. It’s not like I do it on purpose, she thought stubbornly. Really though, she should’ve brought a compass. She would just have to find her way back when she was done. I mean, I couldn’t have gotten that far. East was in process of unzipping her pants when a figure moved in the corner of her eye. Her first instinct was to scream, but she quickly clapped a hand over her mouth when she saw it was not a monster but a wild dog, specifically a Golden Retriever. “Aw,” She said as the dog wandered over and affectionately began to rub its head into her hand. East hadn’t seen a dog in a long time, not since the Flickering. Its coat was mysteriously clean; could the dog have belonged to someone? Before she could check his neck for a collar, the dog appeared to grow tired of her and scampered off deeper into the woods. Hey wait! Before she knew it, her feet were moving and she was following him, curiosity burning through her.

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:30 pm

When Kris didn't respond fast enough, Varro just shot her one of his biggest grins and tugged at the rope. Now ropes, he could climb. He scaled it quickly (nearly hitting Red, perhaps purposefully to freak her out) and after giving her a wink, climbed out of the trap door on the top. The sudden brightness made him blink for a few seconds, but he found his spirits lifting in the light, natural breeze. This was how he liked it - masterless, free. He hadn't realized his slight discomfort back in there, where it was warm and dark and closed off. He looked back at the junk pile, wondering why the red-haired girl like it in there. What was so great about closed spaces anyway? So far, he'd only met one venturer who actually liked travelling, and he had ended up dying on him.

Varro sighed. He kept thinking about him. It didn't matter if over three months had passed. He couldn't get his face out of his head, and that last promise he had made to him. That person he needed to protect... Varro was sure he was around here somewhere. He really shouldn't be lying around pretending like he had nowhere to go. Then again, despite his lack of knowledge of her, this Kris girl seemed pretty cool.

Before Varro could turn around and go back inside, he heard a slight bark. He whirled around - he had faced dogs-turned-Tenebrai before, but this bark had sounded too soft, too...innocent A survivor dog? Oh, this would be fun. Varro smiled. He was so gonna find this dog.

Last edited by SoraAngel on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:45 pm

Not only had East lost the dog, but she had also gotten herself lost in the area. Panic seized her as she whirled around in a complete circle. Every time she heard a noise she whipped around in that direction, her heart pounding. Okay, calm down. Breathe. East took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair. She couldn't have gotten that far, right? She'd only been chasing the dog for a little bit. She silently cursed herself for being so attracted to fluffy things. Every time her brother West taunted her for being too thin-skinned, she blamed it on her gender. Can't do that anymore because then he'd think I was weak. Then again, he probably already thought that.

East decided to use the bathroom first, and then try to find her way back. The sounds of wildlife around her made her fear spike and the process go much faster. In no time she had quickly zipped up her shorts, a sigh escaping her lips. Now, how far had she strayed? With a quick glance around her, she could estimate that she was pretty far. A dark gloom cloud settled on her shoulders. West is never going to let me hear the end of this. She began to pace, her hands shoved into her pockets. What now? She could try going back, but she sucked at directions. Yelling for West would never be an option, not with monsters running around 24/7. "Why am I always getting lost?" East muttered to herself miserably.

Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Varro seemed to drift off to a far-away land when Red mentioned the radio broadcast. His words left Red doubting her previous assumptions. So they weren't lying then. She scratched at her wounds, a thoughtful expression on her face. What the heck was she supposed to do then? Just up and go on to DC?

"Hey, I'm gonna need to take a breather," Varro suddenly said, flashing her a handsome grin, "I think this place is starting to get to me. You don't mind, do you?" Actually, she did mind. She wanted to talk to him and ask him more questions. Yet, before Red could respond, Blue Boy was already on the ropes, scaling it in perfect imitation of a monkey. She had to lean out of the way when he almost hit her accidentally, although she changed her mind about the accident part when he winked at her real fast. Red smiled at him, but her smile dissolved as soon as she was left alone.

A sudden feeling of loneliness and worry pervaded her thoughts. Was Red always going to be the one left alone? There was no doubt in her mind that Varro wasn't coming back. She stood up and began to clean up her hideout, a sullen expression on her face. She didn't even get a chance to give him a proper goodbye. No matter. All her other "visitors" hadn't bothered to say bye first either. After she had cleaned out Varro's bowl, Red went over to her bed and collapsed on it, her brown eyes gazing at the junk-pile wall. She fingered the black cloth surrounding her neck. It was about time for her to move locations soon.

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:09 pm

"Where are you little guy?" Varro mumbled to himself, reaching the edge of the vast junkyard towards some woods. Well, it was only a few feet of trees, if that really constituted as woods. Varro paused at the edge, wondering if it would be wise to wander in where there were plenty of shadows for Tenebrai to hide in. Maybe if he climbed...?

With growing excitement - he hadn't climbed trees in a long time - Varro began climbing a tree. It took him a while, with his grip always slipping and his eyes always straying, but he finally made it to the top. Perched atop a branch, he laughed a little, swinging his legs, before he remembered why he was there in the first place. The dog eh? He went from one branch to another, taking his time since he didn't fancy falling, and keeping his eyes on the ground. He couldn't hear the dog anymore. Maybe it had wandered too far? Ah well, too bad. It was dead meat now.

Before Varro could spend time moping around about it, he spotted movement below him. He froze suddenly. A Tenebrai? No, it was moving too slowly to have spotted him. He moved closer, leaning down for a better view.

Well, I'll be damned. Another girl? What was up with his luck today?

He had obviously jinxed himself with the thought. As he thought of climbing down to meet her, he felt the branch beneath him giving way. It looked like he would have to jump. In one breath, he let himself fall forward and then jumped, miraculously landing on his feet. For a second he was surprised he hadn't fallen flat on his face, but the surprise faded away quickly now that he was right in front of the girl. She looked young, with straight black hair and pretty blue eyes.

Automatically, he grinned at her. He'd always loved the color blue.

Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 pm

East had grown out of patience. A few minutes ago, she had decided to put a marker by a tree and try to find her way out of this "maze." So far, she'd gone around in a circle three times. Crap! West is going to be pissed! The only thing more annoying than getting lost was his lectures. She sighed, pushing her hair out of her face. She just wanted to go back to Wal-mart, where it was nice and safe, and getting lost didn't include a chance of Tenebrai attack. Fear made her wring her hands as she suddenly began to listen hard. It was quiet save for a few insect noises; was that a good thing? Stop getting paranoid, she silently chided herself. It wasn't going to do her any good to be scared.

And that's when she was attacked.

East let out a loud and terrified scream when a figure suddenly landed right in front of her. She scooted back as fast as she could, then stopped when her back hit a tree, her chest heaving. The figure turned out to be a blue-haired boy who was very, very...tall. The boy suddenly smiled at her in a sinister, and East's heart just about stopped. Is he going to step closer to me? With about as much senses as a rabbit, East took flight, her feet pounding against the ground as she ran. She didn't care what direction she was going; she only wanted to get away from him. Who was that? Was he trying to kill me?

She didn't want to find out. Finally, she stopped in a small clearing. East looked hopefully around, but to her distress, the area looked nothing like one she had passed through when leaving West. Fear took over her brain. Where was West?

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm

"What the..."
All right, so perhaps Varro should have gotten used to such surprises, but he didn't really expect her to bolt without a single word. Maybe he had landed too close. He'd scared how? He wasn't sure how he felt about that. For a second he stood there, scratching his head, as if wondering what to do. But there was no question, was there? She had been alone. And the woods could get pretty dark. Tenebrai lurking in every corner. Had she been traveling alone as well? Pushing aside the momentary sadness at the idea, Varro took off after her. He appreciated his long-honed venturing skills, and he followed the trail of disturbed leaves and overturned grass, and soon the sound of her running fell on his ears. Man, she was pretty panicked.

He heard a stop, and he picked up speed. I got you now, he thought. And then he inwardly scolded himself for sounding so creepy. Maybe he was just that to her - some creepy stranger with blue hair. Maybe his grin had been too wide?

I need to stop thinking about this, he mused, but the thought vanished on his own when he nearly ran right into her in a small clearing. "Whoa." He stopped himself from knocking right into her. Her face was very pale, blue eyes wide, breathing labored. She wouldn't be able to run for much longer - she obviously wasn't used to venturing just yet. He tried to smile, a little more gently this time. "Hi there, little girl."
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 pm

East hadn't run like this in a long time. She put a hand to her heaving chest, her breaths coming out ragged. This is what I get for not exercising with West in the store. She was in the process of wiping sweat from her forehead when the quiet sound of running feet resounded behind her. Oh no. East whirled around to look straight at the muscular, tall man with blue hair from before. He was still running, and he almost ran into East. "Whoa," He said in a deep voice. East nearly jumped out of her skin as he got way too close to her, so close she could feel his breath on her skin. "Hi there, little girl," the man said in a ominous tone. And then he smiled at her in a way that made East's skin crawl.

True to her nature, East began to back up, her eyes darting around wildly. How was she going to escape? This guy was obviously much faster than her. His eyes...she didn't like the look in them. He was looking at her like he knew how easy it would be to take her out. Or maybe he doesn't want to kill me. Maybe he wants something else from me. But what could I possibly give him besides- Wait.

A fear like no other seized hold of East. Her petite body trembled as she stared at him in open fear. "P...please," East said, her voice desperate, "Just leave me alone!" She had never felt this afraid before. She had read about these situations in books, but had never actually imagined what'd it be like to experience them. I don't want to find out. Tears welling up in her eyes, she looked off to the side. Maybe she could make a quick dash for it.

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 pm

OOC: Is it just me or is this like, very cliche? Loving it though, xD

Varro hadn't meant to scare her, but the girl looked scared out of her wits. He played with the idea of leaving - at least he wouldn't have to see that look in her eyes, directed at him nonetheless. But that wouldn't be very admirable of him now would it? Scared of a little girl. Suddenly determined, he moved forward again, but she only moved backwards, away from him, her back hitting a tree. She was shaking more than ever, and it occurred to Varro that maybe she was afraid of more than just being killed. Jeez, maybe he needed to rethink the whole blue hair thing. Should he show her there was nothing to be afraid of? Then again, if he backed away, she would just run again, what with the way her eyes were darting back and forth. He was hesitating, struggling with several ideas all at once, but he couldn't afford to hesitate.

So he let his impulses take over.
Which, in the end, was never a good idea.

In one more swift motion he was right in front of her, arms trapping her from any possible escape routes. She was small, so she probably couldn't struggle her way out. He grinned at her, but then, realizing it might scare her more, ordered himself to lose the smile. "Hey there, cutie. You all alone?"

All right, that did it. Varro simply could not pass off as not creepy. Not only was his size undesirable in such a situation, he couldn't even say anything reassuring! Finally, deciding he could chase after her if she ran again, he backed away instantly, hands up as if in surrender. His voice suddenly turned serious. "Look," he said slowly, carefully, turquoise eyes sincere and open, "I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just trying to help." He took another step backwards, hands up. "But don't run. You don't know what's out there. We wouldn't an adorable little thing like you getting attacked by monsters now, would we?" Perhaps he needed to think more about the words he said before they came out of his mouth. He tried to smile one more time, the grin easily spreading across his face, natural there. He probably looked like a total idiot. Anything to win her over, he guessed.

Last edited by SoraAngel on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZephyrSolace
Guild Master
Guild Master
ZephyrSolace

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 am

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 Westjpg_zps96d60fdf

Clearly upset by his comment, East had made her way towards the trees. Just before she was out of his sight, West was tempted to at least give her a compass, not that she would know how to operate such a device. She wasn’t the best with directions, after all. Besides, she needed her privacy and he could tell that she wanted to prove that she could be independent. West didn’t have to follow her in this case. Perhaps it was for the best. West wasn’t going to be around forever and with his record, he might eventually end up damaged beyond repair.

West rummaged through his pack, finding a nutritional bar. Then on to a sandwich that he scarfed down in a few minutes. His stomach wasn’t the least bit satisfied, but that would have to do for now. West certainly didn’t want to find out later that he’d run out of food. That meant he and East would starve unless he took up hunting, which he didn’t have the patience for. He did have to eventually adapt, though, in a world like this. All that mattered right now was survival, and West better believe he might have to revert to traditional ways.

A few minutes later, it dawned on West that East still hadn’t returned. The knot of anxiety only grew tighter as he called her name at a relatively normal volume, only to hear no response. Either she had gotten lost or something else had happened. No matter what, West had to locate East. His sister was never out of sight, out of mind. More than often, he had to give her an earful of what to do and what not to do. It was only for her own good. She should be glad he genuinely cared so much for her.

He deliberated for a few seconds of whether he should ditch their belongings, thus making him fast on foot, or bring them along in case someone stumbled across the items and snatched them all away. "East?" he said as he headed a few feet into the tree area, deciding to bring everything. Surely East couldn’t have gone that far.

West trekked further and further, cursing as a few branches whipped him in the face. He almost considered heading a different direction when all of a sudden, he heard a scream. West didn’t even bother to think if the scream sounded like East’s. He ran full speed towards the sound, looking around wildly. Finally, he came across East, who looked like she jumped out of her skin. That’s when he saw the blue-haired male towering over her. West’s ice blue eyes flashed with unmistakable anger. He cracked his knuckles and threw everything aside. His stamina level might currently be next to nothing, but he wasn’t afraid to throw down. West was no bulldozer, but he would sure try to take down this guy, whoever the hell he thought he was. West launched himself onto the blue-haired guy, shouting, "You son of a gun! Wipe that smile off your damn face. If you laid a hand on her—" West’s following words were indecipherable as he growled, snapping back an arm, about to punch him. He would make sure the guy got a good beating before finding out exactly what the situation was about. Act first, ask questions later, right?

Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:57 am

The walls were closing in on Red. Now that she was alone, she began to realize just how small her living space. Sweat began to appear on her brow. Come on, Red. Toughen up! Despite her mental pep talk, all Red could feel was how close she was to everything, and how little room she had to move. The walls were moving closer and closer. Breathing raggedly, Red leaped to her feet. She had to get out of here now. Quickly grabbing both her chainsaw and junk bucket, Red began to climb the rope extending from her roof, her face anxious. It was only until she got to the top of her junk pile that she was able to suck in a deep breath. Living in little hide-outs like these was so hard when a person was claustrophobic. Yet, she had to. It was either that, or sleep outside with the Tenebrai.

Red swung her thin arms as she slid down the junk pile and jumped onto the ground, her face hardened. She was going to collect more needed appliances today. Then, she was going to start packing up. There was only one way to find out if that radio broadcast was true, and that was to go there and find out herself. It wasn't like that was her only option left; it's just that, somehow, seeing Varro had given her hope that maybe there were a lot more survivors out there that she had originally thought. The idea of more people put her in high spirits, and in a cheerful voice Red began to whistle as she walked. It'd be awful nice if I had someone to travel with. For a second, she glanced over her shoulder, back towards the way she had come. Should she have ran after him?

Guess I'll never find out. He must be long gone by now. With a slight droop in her shoulders, Red continued onwards. That was fine; she could just travel by herself, right?

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:29 am

OOC: Blue, blue, everywhere!

Varro had sharp reflexes, sure, but some things he just couldn't prepare himself for. Take, for example, the sudden appearance of a guy who looked similar to the girl (same piercing blue eyes, much brighter than his own), but with much less cute of a face. Her brother? Before he could process any other thought, the guy was on top of him, knocking him to the ground. For a moment Varro couldn't breathe, and so he missed the guy's first few words. When he got past the whistling in his ears, he could make out a "If you laid a hand on her--" and began to protest when he saw the boy pull his arm back. Uh-oh. Too late, Varro tried to get out of the way, or at least move his head, but to no avail. The hit landed square on his eye, and Varro groaned when he thought about the black eye that would form there.

Before he could manage another hit, Varro rolled out from under him and jumped to his feet. "Whoa whoa whoa, calm down there buddy. I didn't do anything to her. I was just trying to help because I thought she was alone." He hoped he sounded believable. He lifted a hand to brush his eye and winced. Yep, definitely a black eye. What was up with people and jumping to conclusions?

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 LilyEvans6004249481_zpsb21b42be

Marianna notices Charlie's smile and responds with a bright one of her own, full of hope, as well as enthusiasm instilled by her new travelling companions. She prefers not to be alone, in the end, and the isolation of the life wandering had been pressing down on her almost painfully. Sure, the young woman is capable of managing well enough on her own if she chooses to, but in all honesty would much rather have people around her to lighten the mood and such. Well, Charlie doesn't really appear to be the mood lightening type, but he at least seems nice enough, if slightly strange from time to time. She can see that he has some sort melancholy still clinging to him, but dismisses it as typical of someone living in this world of strange creatures, no longer human, and a sun that flickers on and off like a faulty light bulb. Either way, he seems intelligent enough, and lowered his vocabulary slightly to her level, something the young woman is grateful for.

The young woman has her things gathered and follows after Charlie, who drags Al along as one would pull an overenthusiastic child through the aisles of a shopping market. It is necessary, of course, especially as Al has somewhat erratic behavior, and might be prone to running off for all that they know. The trio reach a tall apartment building, the door able to be opened without a code or key of any sort. Charlie turns to look at her, and asks "Are you ready?"

Knowing that Tenebrai may lurk in the shadows of the building, Marianna's hand tightens around her weapon, ready for anything. She is quite capable, despite her cheerful smiles and such. "Yes," the young woman nods with resolve.
Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 KagamineLenWhoasig_zps6c8877e3

Some things were better off never remembered. And some things...

"Yes," Marianna answered, her expression determined. She was a venturer, after all. She was probably far more prepared than him anyway. Taking a deep breath, he slowly pulled open the door and peered inside. A long hallway stretched out before him, so long that he couldn't see all the way to the end. Hand still firmly closed around Al's arm, Charlie moved forward guardedly, eyes darting everywhere. Inching forward, he walked past a group of mailboxes embedded into the wall, the numbers faded or peeling. He wondered about those final letters in there that would never be read. Maybe if he had some free time he could go through them all, just so that someone had read those last words of people that were probably dead now.

Dead...or different.

Occasionally, Charlie would glance back to see if Marianna was still there. Really, she had no reason to stick with them, but she seemed more than happy to tag along. He considered the warm smile she had returned, eager to seem friendly, open. She may have a language barrier, but that didn't make her any less capable of defending herself or making the smarter choice. If they were to be attacked right now, what would she do? Risk staying with them - Charlie, who had never travelled far from his home, and Al, who was in no condition to be fighting anyone - or turn around and run? The latter would be the more logical reason. But just as he knew he himself wouldn't run, he felt Marianna wouldn't run either. He wasn't sure what to make of her just yet.

He paused at the end of the hallway. All doors so far had been closed, ominously locked, perhaps. He hadn't checked any of them. He gazed at the stairway that opened up on the right, leading to the next floor. He stood there for a moment, too tired to shush all but getting slightly annoyed by the onslaught of words. What now?

Maybe he should ask someone more experienced. He turned to Marianna, about to speak, but stopped short, remembering. He'd have to reword everything so she could understand. “What do we do?” he asked slowly, letting each word rest in the air before moving onto the next one. “Should we try going inside a room, or stay here?” Did Tenebrai really hide inside rooms? For some reason, he couldn't wrap his mind around it. Tenebrai were supposed to be hungry all the time, crazy, erratic, unable to stay still. He shuddered at a memory he didn't quite want to remember yet, and instead focused on Marianna to see if she had understood. If he needed to, he didn't mind trying to reword his thoughts. Anything to distract him from Leon in Tenebrai form.

Back to top Go down
Dangosan
Arts Wizard
Arts Wizard
Dangosan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 Allen_zpsa02bc535

Allen gave an indignant cry as the applesauce went soaring past Charlotte's ear and landed with an unappealing splat against the cement sidewalk. "Griselda would scold you, wasting good food like that," Allen said matter-of-factly, giving Charlotte a disapproving frown, "She would give you a hard, long lecture." He sighed softly, allowing himself to be dragged along none-too-gently by the younger boy, "I miss Griselda. She was simple. My mother and father were always altering who they were. Kind in front of me, commanding in front of workers, malicious in front of enemies. Even I don't know who they are...even father. People say I should be angry with him, casting me off like that to the APFWC. But..." he trailed off, seeing the apartment they were about to enter. "Are we going in there? Why are we going in there?" he asked curiously, tapping on Charlotte's shoulder.

As the trio eased their way inside its hallways, Allen had enough sense to shut up. He was, after all, a surviver and venturer, and had learned along the years that Tenebrai lurked in every possible corner. He couldn't rely on his eyesight anymore. Not now, anyways. Fever and fatigue blurred the edges of his vision and left his slightly dizzy. Allen gave a small, experimental sniff. Nothing. Tenebrai usually reeked of...Allen struggled to think. Of something. Allen strained his ears, but there was an odd ringing that he suspected on he could hear. "What do we do?" Charlotte suddenly asked, turning to Maa, "Should we try going inside a room, or stay here?" Allen replied swiftly before the intended ever got the chance to, "Check...the journal. My journal," he said a little too loudly, "It's..." Allen nodded towards his backpack, "I have an entire section on Tenebrai in that thing." His journal. Small, but sturdy, with a solid back cover and smooth white sheets, filled with small notes on what to eat, what not to eat, where to find shelter, which kinds to choose from, and pages on pages of Tenebrai and the Dark Rays and the immune.

Had he been a little less disoriented, he may have thought twice about giving his most prized possession to a stranger of fifteen minutes.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 am

The man seemed to do the opposite of whatever she wanted. Almost immediately, he had her cornered against a tree, his arms blocking her escape. By this point, it was a miracle she was still thinking in English, not gibberish. Oh God, don't hurt me don't hurt me don't hurt...She repeated her thoughts like a prayer as she slid to the ground, her arms wrapped around her head. The man was so close that she could his body warmth. Her fingers tightened on her arms.

Just when she thought that he was going in for the kill, the man suddenly moved away. "Look," He said in a quiet, slow voice, "I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just trying to help." There was a soft noise after this, like he had just taken a step. Was he moving away? With slow hesitating movements, East raised her head from her arms to look up at her attacker. His face was now serious, but not in a bad way. He says he was just trying to help. Maybe I just overreacted. Guilt coursed through East's body. She had made him out to be some bad guy when he was probably just trying to help.

"But don't run," The blue-haired man continued, "You don't know what's out there. We wouldn't want an adorable little thing like you getting attacked by monsters now, would we?" The more he reasoned with her, the more ashamed East felt for her reaction. Her ears turned bright red as she shyly looked away from him. He didn't seem dangerous now. Real smart. He could've been an ally, but no, I just had to think the worst and run! His words about her being adorable made her pinks turn red along with her ears. She'd always been a sucker for compliments.

"Well...I'm not alone," East said in a tiny voice. Almost as if on cue, loud footsteps stomping on branches surprised her, making her literally jump a bit in the air. She whipped her head in the direction of the noise to see her brother suddenly appear. Uh oh. With sinking feelings, she at first thought he was angry at her for wandering away. She changed her mind when she saw his eyes take in the blue guy's size and proximity to her, and how "helpless" she undoubtedly looked. "Wait-" She started to say as he charged towards them. Without warning, West plowed into the man like a tank, shouting, "You son of a gun! Wipe that smile off your damn face. If you laid a hand on her-" The rest of his words were reduced to angry snarls, and then he punched the man across the face with a sickening sound.

"West! Stop!" East yelled from the sidelines. She flinched when she saw West pull back his arm to punch the man again, but all West hit was air. The man was already on his feet. "-do anything to her. I was just trying to help because I thought she was alone," was what the man was saying as East tentatively drew closer. Apparently he was trying to explain things to her brother.
"It's true, he wasn't trying to hurt me," East said in a soft voice. She hesitantly placed a hand on her brother's shoulder. "Calm down; you're overreacting again." Just like I did. East glanced at the blue-haired man, then looked away with a blush when she saw the spot where West had hit him. Sorry.

Last edited by Nightingale on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZephyrSolace
Guild Master
Guild Master
ZephyrSolace

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 am

West felt absolutely no satisfaction as his fist connected with the guy’s eye. This was business as usual. He might not have the best fighting techniques, but if he was in his berserker mode, everyone had better watch out. Especially if they looked at East in a funny way. Perhaps this guy really hadn’t meant East any harm, but West was too enraged by what he had seen in her earlier expression. Propelled by his vindictive nature, West moved, intending to punch the guy again. However, he met thin air, eventually reaching the ground. West groaned, biting his tongue. He would not cry out, even if it meant he was going to suffer. West recollected himself and he took another look at the guy. Pretty agile for one so tall, he noted. All the more reason for West to be aggressive. He didn’t expect that at all, and he hated surprises.

When the guy began to explain himself, West scowled. First, the phrase “calm down” was one of his—no, it was worse than a pet peeve. Second, West was certainly not his buddy. It took all his willpower to restrain himself, held at bay only because of East’s shouting for him to stop. Her soft voice seemed to have a calming effect on him, but that spell soon broke when she uttered the words “calm down” just like the guy had said. West didn’t shrug her off like he normally would. Instead, he whirled around so fast that he unintentionally hit her arm in the process. His eyes widened as he saw the faint red mark. “I didn’t mean to.” He and East were beyond apologies. After muttering to her that he wouldn’t cause any more trouble, West approached the guy, but stood a good distance away. “Look…thanks but no thanks. Now if you would kindly let us be on our way, that would be appreciated.” Even though West didn’t want to trust that the guy wouldn’t jump him, he didn’t glance back. Instead, he headed to his sister, checking to see if she was still hurt.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 am

Maybe East shouldn't have told West to calm down. Before she had time to react, West whirled around to face her, hitting her arm hard in the process. "Hey!" East exclaimed, rubbing her stinging arm. She looked up at West with accusing eyes, only to look away when she saw his apologetic expression. "I didn't mean to," He muttered moodily. West didn't even give her proper apologies anymore. Nevermind that; He knew she forgave him pretty easily. He mumbled something else about not causing any more trouble, and then he was stepping towards the Blue Man again. "Look...thanks but no thanks. Now if you would kindly let us be on our way, that would be appreciated," West added in a mean tone of voice. East moved away when he headed back to her, a stubborn expression on her face. She didn't want to walk away just yet. An idea was forming in her mind.

"I think he should come with us," East blurted out, her arms crossing. I mean, he seems to be alone; the more the merrier, right? She glanced at the Blue Man. She almost looked away again (she's never been good with eye contact), but East continued to stare at him, even though her ears were bright pink. "He's alone. We can't just ditch him. And...and he could help us go to DC," East asked West in a pleading tone, her eyes switching to his hardened face.

Back to top Go down
SoraAngel
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
Hades' Loyal Assisstant
SoraAngel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 am

"D.C.? You guys headed there too?" Varro glanced from the boy, who was apparently called West, to the girl with very pink ears looking his way. Almost unconsciously, he winked at her, and broke into a grin despite the fact that the guy standing before him had just socked him in the eye. "We should totally travel together. Me and my pal Kris could totally help you guys out. Not that you really need any, of course," he added quickly with a fleeting glance at West. Honestly, he didn't want to get attacked again, even though he could probably take him. The guy wasn't exactly a wimp, but he wasn't all that scary either. Inexperienced, surely.

Yeah, that would make sense. "You guys aren't used to venturing, are you?" asked Varro, raising an eyebrow. "No offense or anything, but the forest isn't ever a safe place to be, for whatever reason." He shot an apologetic smile at the little girl, not wanting to insult her. For a moment Varro let his eyes linger on her small form. She was half blocked from view by the guy who could only be her brother, and he too was breathing a little heavily. Just by looking at them, he knew they couldn't possibly survive alone, especially with their dependence on each other. Not that it was wrong to have someone be there in case you were in trouble, but he doubted the girl would be very useful to West in any way. She was easily frightened and not very fast. She would only drag him down. It was a sad truth, but a truth nonetheless. In another situation, perhaps Varro would have let them go on by themselves. But over the past two weeks, a lot had happened. Varro wasn't about to let anyone else die. Not on his watch.

Back to top Go down
OurStars
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
OurStars

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:01 am

Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 LilyEvans6004249481_zpsb21b42be

Marianna, who has learned to be slightly more observant thanks to a lack of ease in communication recently, notices that Charlie glances towards several mailboxes, which look as though they have gone a while without being unopened. This is an apartment building, and so one might assume that the people living here felt safe to at least wander within the building itself, as long as the main entry points were barred from entry. In fact, they could have gathered their supplies together and such, rather than keeping within their own rations. The fact that there isn't a sign of anyone makes it clear very soon to Marianna that this place isn't as safe as she, and probably Charlie, would prefer for it to be. That does not seem to be the case, anyway, and Marianna is the sort who tends to act primarily on instinct, giving her a decisive but often somewhat careless personality. The young woman shifts her gaze back over towards Charlie, wondering if the same thoughts are flitting through his mind at the moment, though of course in a different language. The idea of thinking in English is quite strange to Marianna, but that is to be expected of someone who only has the gist of the language.

He is glancing at her in that moment as well, the young woman notices, though his expression is likely to be slightly more contemplative than her own. He appears to be a circumspect sort of person, careful and cautious, and, should they remain in this group, may be capable of balancing out her impulsive nature so that the three make an effective enough team. He doesn't look like much of a fighter, though, Marianna cannot help but observe, for his body is not tightly muscled as hers is, and he doesn't appear to hold a weapon. Remembering how she first saw him leaving a burning building, the ginger decides that he must have remained indoors until earlier today, one of those who have no motivation to venture past the safe familiarity of their homes, even as food dwindles and the Tenebrai close in around them. I wonder if mother and father are inside the house. It is somewhat in the countryside, so they should be safe. If I am unaffected, perhaps they are as well. It seems to be a recessive quality, her thoughts are hopeful, but she still lacks that closure that would set her mind better at ease. Hopes are nice, and may fill the heart somewhat, but they still leave a lingering doubt, regardless of how strong the believer may be.

Marianna turns her gaze from Charlie to Al, who had been babbling earlier but has fallen silent by now. She has only known him for a short while, no more than an hour or so, but his silence already seems strange, thanks to the constant stream of chatter he had been maintaining earlier. When Charlie speaks, however, the young man is quick to respond again. He begins to speak, saying something about having a thing, though she doesn't recognize the word journal until he pulls one out and she puts two and two together. Either way, she had understood Charlie well enough, and begins to try and put a phrase together in English to properly respond.

"Either. Hallway, we are open. Tenebrai yes or no in rooms. Both risk. Room, yes? Kill one, two, safer. One door- less entry, yes?" she says, realizing that her words are probably awkward sounding and that she has a thick accent. The Belgian girl is unsure of whether to be embarrassed about this or not, but tries to keep a calm expression on her face, hiding her slight frustration over the fact that her sentences are likely jumbled.

"Sorry. My English not good," she apologizes, a slight blush of embarrassment nearly visible, though the hallway is ill-lit, making it difficult to see. "Rooms have light, yes? Power gone, no." Marianna turns towards Al for some sort of confirmation for what she has said. "Right? Room?"
Back to top Go down
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:35 am

Red was burning up. Her legs were hot, her arms were sweaty, and her nose. Basically, she was in b*tch mode. Hot weather always made her mood turn sour, especially when she was tired and running on fumes. With a frown on her face, Red began to sift through a pile of trash. Ah, what was she even looking for again? Eventually, her arms fell to her sides. This silence around her was irritating. Good thing I got my tunie box. She'd found the thing while rooting around in some sucker's house last month. Apparently it was called an "Ipod", but Red saw no point in calling it that. Tunie box seemed more fitting. So this tunie box also played music, and after playing around with it for a bit, she got it to work pretty dang well with her awesome earplugs.

Red put in her earplugs and turned the song to "Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani. It was an old song, but beggars can't be choosers. The upbeat pop music soon filled her ears, and she began to work again, her fingers moving quickly to uncover objects. She slowly got into a rhythm of work, and before she knew it, she had sifted through the small junk pile. "Next," She quietly murmured to herself. The gentle voice of Robin Thicke cooed in her as she turned her head to look around. An abandoned wood shed sheltered by trees rested at the edge of the area. Finally, some f*cking shade in this heat. Wiping sweat from her brows, Red picked up her junk bucket and sashayed her way to the seemingly oasis of shade.

A movement near the edge of the shaded clearing made Red slow in her path. Another movement made her stop completely. She had forgotten her own advice about shaded areas. Tenebrai like the darkness. Just as quickly as she registered this fact, a oily skinned Tenebrai rushed her. It almost got her, but she quickly clocked him in the head with her metal bucket. Now I'm going to finish him off with my chainsaw...chainsaw? With alarm, Red realized that her chainsaw was back where she had left it. She stepped back, then narrowly managed to dodge a Tenebrai's lunge. More of them were popping out of the clearing. Just how long had they been there, lying in wait? It couldn't have been that long. Still, how could I not have noticed this spot before? Red backed up, then shot a desperate look at her chainsaw lying so far away. It was a risky move to go for it, but fighting without it would be redundant. After a moment of hesitation, she lunged for it, her hands grabbing the handle just as a Tenebrai grabbed her foot.

With a deafening noise, Red "awakened the beast" and shoved it far inside the Tenebrai's head. It made a horrible gurgling noise, its rotten fangs flashing as its mouth opened in pain. Red leaned away from the splatter of black blood. The gory part always bugged her. She rolled out of the way of its falling body and leaped to her feet. Okay, status check. There are five Tenebrai in front of me, and two seem to be larger than most. One is rushing me. I have one escape route. Red swiftly moved out of the way of one charging Tenebrai and ran in front of a large junk pile. She could try taking them down one by one, but they seemed bent on fighting in a group. I need to get to a place to pick them off.

Back to top Go down
ZephyrSolace
Guild Master
Guild Master
ZephyrSolace

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 am

East thought the stranger should accompany them. It didn’t take more than one look at his sister to see that she was earnest. Crossing her arms even, as if that helped her stand her ground better. West opened his mouth, only to shut it close when East mentioned that they were heading to D.C. He bit back a string of profanities, not wanting to upset her. However, she had just ruined his entire plan. He had been about to bluff about anything and everything, should the guy ask. Had East not jump the gun, West would’ve had the chance to fabricate a believable story.

He kept his mouth in a firm line, not answering the blue-haired male’s question. West nearly had another go at the guy when he winked at Easy, but he remembered his promise to her. That didn’t stop him from being rude, though. ”Yeah, so?” he admitted grudgingly. ”What’s it to you?” He had a pal, Kris. Why on Earth was he still hanging around where he was clearly unwanted? ”Offense taken,” West spat, even though it seemed the comment seemed to be directed more towards East. ”Ugh, fine. Give me a good enough reason and I’ll…I’ll let you travel with us.” West eventually caved in to what East wanted; that was one of his most fatal weaknesses. Or was that a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Requiem | Role-Play   Dark Requiem | Role-Play - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Requiem | Role-Play
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next