Sic Parvis Magna
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - Ω - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - -- - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Welcome to the Underworld.)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
❖ HAPPY NEW YEAR ROLEPLAYERS! ❖
❖ May 2014 bring even more brilliant, heart-wrenching creative works and many new wonderful memories to keep. ❖
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am
Latest topics
» Walton
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:02 pm by OurStars

» Clockwork Winds
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am by SoraAngel

» Marked | 1x1 | SoraAngel x Nightingale
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 am by SoraAngel

» Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

» Music on Forum
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm by ZephyrSolace

» S I G I L [Open for Sign-Ups]
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:30 pm by Nightingale

» Romeo&Cinderella ♡ Roleplay
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:00 pm by Nightingale

» Eden's Cage - Roleplay
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am by ZephyrSolace

» Dark Requiem | Role-Play
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm by ZephyrSolace

Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is saintjoain

Our users have posted a total of 594 messages in 86 subjects
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

Dear Residents of this vast underworld,

How is everyone? May Hades smile down upon you all. He is most certainly not smiling down at me at this moment. But …

Comments: 0

Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruxin
Discussion Wizard
Discussion Wizard
Ruxin

Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson Empty
PostSubject: Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson   Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:04 am

."Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
.I'm quite sure that everyone have heard this saying at least once or twice.
.However, what I'd really like to know is whether you honestly agree with it or not.

.It's been on my mind for several days, and personally I don't find it true.
.I think it hurts more when you know what you've lost rather than simply not owning it to begin with.
.I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this o^^o)/
Back to top Go down
Riddled
Common Euridite
Common Euridite

PostSubject: Re: Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson   Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:08 pm

The quote is quite relative. Relative meaning it means different things to different people, especially since our experiences are different from one another.
"Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
The quote essentially means that it's worse being ignorant to love compared to experiencing and knowing love. Basically it has the same roots as the quote "Ignorance is bliss," but with an opposing side.

Both sides have valid points, but personally I believe in terms of ignorance as a whole- it is not bliss not knowing anything. But in terms of love, I firmly believe that it's better to not have been loved at all. Maybe it's just me, but love is not something that one can experience and be just 'okay' with after it's gone. It's a lot more complicated than that- once you felt it, you're going to want to keep experiencing it, and much like a drug, it's not something you can easily withdraw from. I'd rather go about the world without my emotions going haywire because of memories that consist of lost love- I mean, after all, we all are born alone and we all will die alone. Might as well be lonely from the start to end, if I'm going to be alone anyways. #YOLO.

Okay no but in all seriousness, there are definite arguments to both sides of the coin. It depends how you, as an unique individual, perceives/look at things.
Back to top Go down
Phoenyx
Common Euridite
Common Euridite
Phoenyx

PostSubject: Re: Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson   Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Its better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all...

I think I typed that incorrectly, but never the less.
I personally live by this saying, along with many others, simply because of how true it strikes with me. It brings on the question Would you have rather never learned what you did? Do you regret the decision? If it changed you, would you rather go back to being the person you once were? For me this saying is asking a question more than stating really. Like a wistful sidethought. There has been one moment where I lost truly the closest person I have come to know, though I have found new friends. It was heartbreaking, but the memories that I have from those times, though lost, I will always have.

[center]So What I am trying to say is, the memories that you keep are more precious then the moments themselves. Even after all the pain, I wouldn't give my memories up for one more second of that friendship. So at that, Loving and losing is all part of who we are. Would you really be will to give that up because of pain?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson   Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sic Parvis Magna :: ❖ Elysium - Artifex Zone ❖ :: Inventive Discussion-
Jump to: