Sic Parvis Magna
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - Ω - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - -- - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
❖ Experience the magic of roleplay and inspiration in the creative underworld thyself. It will prove mind-banishing for thee. ❖
❖ Trust in thy heart: Thou will not regret it. ❖
❖ Inscribe thou name to this fantastical phenomena. ❖
(Sign up now!)
Sic Parvis Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Welcome to the Underworld.)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
❖ HAPPY NEW YEAR ROLEPLAYERS! ❖
❖ May 2014 bring even more brilliant, heart-wrenching creative works and many new wonderful memories to keep. ❖
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am
Latest topics
» Walton
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:02 pm by OurStars

» Clockwork Winds
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am by SoraAngel

» Marked | 1x1 | SoraAngel x Nightingale
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 am by SoraAngel

» Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

» Music on Forum
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm by ZephyrSolace

» S I G I L [Open for Sign-Ups]
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:30 pm by Nightingale

» Romeo&Cinderella ♡ Roleplay
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:00 pm by Nightingale

» Eden's Cage - Roleplay
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am by ZephyrSolace

» Dark Requiem | Role-Play
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm by ZephyrSolace

Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is saintjoain

Our users have posted a total of 594 messages in 86 subjects
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Sincerest Apologies and Bright Promises
Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm by SoraAngel

Dear Residents of this vast underworld,

How is everyone? May Hades smile down upon you all. He is most certainly not smiling down at me at this moment. But …

Comments: 0

Instruction Tome

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nightingale
Guild Master
Guild Master
Nightingale

Instruction Tome Empty
PostSubject: Instruction Tome   Instruction Tome I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:48 pm

First, let's start off with what it is. Role-playing is assuming the role of an imaginary character. In this case, you write as that character and how he/she feels or what he/she does. In the following example, I will assume the role of "Jack".

Example: Jack walked into the room, absentmindedly tucking his shirt in.

It's like writing a story, only you can only tell how your own character responds to others and the things around. You wouldn't want to be power playing*.

*An important thing to remember is that when you role-play with someone, your character is interacting with their character, not you interacting personally with them. Too many petty fights could spring up just because you took to heart something someone's character said to you. Remember, this is all fiction.

Now that you know what it is, let me explain how you role-play in this forum through a few main topics.

For the following topics, I will be using the imaginary character Bob to demonstrate examples.

1. Writing a Post

So, you finally joined a role-play. You've already created a skeleton for your character (instructions on how to create a basic skeleton are -insert link-), and now the OP (original poster) of the role-play has just started it. Usually they will give you a starting point, or a place for your characters to start.

Example: You are in a room with no windows with three other people. You are now waking up.

It's very important that you start at the starting point. In this case, your first post should be your character waking up in a room with windows with the other three characters.

Good Example: Bob slowly opened his eyes. For some reason, he had woken up in a different room than his own. As he sat up, he could see three other people laying on the floor along with him.

Bad Example: Bob walked down the street with his dog Fluffy, whistling a tune as he did.

Now, you don't have to include everything from the starting point in one post, but you do have to include some so you can have an equal beginning with fellow role-players.

*Make sure that you do not power play in your post.

Example of power playing: Bob wakes up, as everyone else begins to as well. "What happened?" one of them asks him.

You NEVER would want to control another role-player's character(s) unless it is your own. Don't think for them, don't speak for them, and definitely don't take over their actions in your post. That's their job.

Now, so far you have adequately responded to the given starting point. The last thing you need to do is learn how to respond to other people. Let's say that you used the good response to the starting point. Now another person has responded with their character.

awesomepants99 wrote:

Jack wakes up in a dark room. "What the heck?" He exclaimed. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a man getting up. He turned around to face. "What happened? Where are we?" He asked.

The options for your response are endless, as long as you make sure that you can respond accordingly. You could make Bob (your character) respond to the man, or you could make him ignore Jack. Either way, make sure you acknowledge awesomepants99 post.

Well, that's all you need to know about writing a post. Good luck!

2. Maintaining More Than One Character

Whether it be by choice, or by the fact that you're a kind soul helping to keep a roleplay alive; either way, you've decided to roleplay as two characters. That's fine. No one's judging your overachieving goals. HOWEVER, You just realized that you have no idea how to pull this off. My friend, you've come to the right section.

3. How to Join a Role-play

See the thread listed here.

*Term(s) explained here.
Back to top Go down

Instruction Tome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sic Parvis Magna :: ❖ Elysium - Artifex Zone ❖ :: Roleplayers' Guild-
Jump to: